Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas number 1? i think so!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

zuroph wrote: »
    they have 130thousand views. in one day.

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

You can add another 140k to that by now lol
    23f8de7f28c936de02acdbb36b3f7e15.png

Thats what I call win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I think they are travellers, looking at the way they ride the horse bareback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

pwd wrote: »
    I think they are travellers, looking at the way they ride the horse bareback.

na kid thats limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

they have 130thousand views. in one day.

a good 129,000 of those views were mine I'd say...

Ah it's just a fooking funny song rippin it outta the lads in the done up ****e cars!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice one, might just buy that if they stand any chance of getting to number one.

Gordon wrote: »
    Nice one, might just buy that if they stand any chance of getting to number one.

or take a proactive attitude and buy it in the hope they become number one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No.

If you want to make a mockery of the Christmas Number One, go out and buy John Cage's 4'33 - it's just complete silence.
    Why is Cage Against The Machine a mockery in particular, compared to all the swearing last year? After that I think I'd prefer silence. Plus, it has Suggs on it:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I think making radio stations having to play silence would be more effective than having to play a song that can be edited to take the swearing out.

I think making radio stations having to play silence would be more effective than having to play a song that can be edited to take the swearing out.

i tihk people would think there radio is broken, or change station
    big fan of 4minutes33seconds but this is a much better song

• Advertisement

Jagle wrote: »
    or take a proactive attitude and buy it in the hope they become number one
    I'll wait until a few days after the 17th and if there's signs that there's a chance of it topping the charts I'll buy it and promote it on my various social media escapades :)

Gordon wrote: »
    I'll wait until a few days after the 17th and if there's signs that there's a chance of it topping the charts I'll buy it and promote it on my various social media escapades :)

goodman, honda civic drivers across the land will be mad at ya

That's the plan indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilduff

Its the 19th most viewed in India and 50th in Israel and 16th in South Korea!! the statistics are crazy on it,its taking off all over the world i dont think the lads had any idea it was going to get this big,id say it will hit the one million view by Sunday!
    Different song, different reasons. My whole point being that I couldnt see this song going viral like RATM for reasons outlined above. Just sayin is all

Plus editor CNBC.com put it up on his blog... it think that counts as going viral! http://www.cnbc.com/id/40609273

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think the fact that it's so catchy means that it has more going for it than a lot of the contenders.

I will definitely be purchasing for Christmas...

using one of my free downloads from O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

Yo Kilduff - how u know those stats? How can I look them up?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

Its the 19th most viewed in India and 50th in Israel and 16th in South Korea!! the statistics are crazy on it,its taking off all over the world i dont think the lads had any idea it was going to get this big,id say it will hit the one million view by Sunday!

Sorry Kilduff thought that it was u who came up with this stat.
    Cranium where u getting these stats from? How do I search for something like that?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilduff

Click on the little graph icon next to where it says the amount of views the video has on its youtube page and it will give you a break down off all the statistics, you can also use google earth to see what are the most popular youtube videos in each country but im not sure how exactly richie got his statistics? Prob by checking each countries chart at http://www.youtube.com/charts/

Its in the youtube worldwide top 10 for today btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Jagle wrote: »
    na kid thats limerick city
    it's travellers in Limerick city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

does no one else think the idea is just a rip off of that "i'm on a boat" song"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wonton wrote: »
    does no one else think the idea is just a rip off of that "i'm on a boat" song"?
    Not really to be honest.

Although, and no offence to The Rubberbandits but I do think the single is merely a novelty..

.. I doubt anyone will seriously remember it in 2 years time, whereas "I'm On A Boat" will.

Comparing The Rubberbandits to The Lonely Island is a tad unfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

seriously? I wouldnt be surprised if it actually did give them the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Kilduff wrote: »
    Click on the little graph icon next to where it says the amount of views the video has on its youtube page and it will give you a break down off all the statistics, you can also use google earth to see what are the most popular youtube videos in each country but im not sure how exactly richie got his statistics? Prob by checking each countries chart at http://www.youtube.com/charts/

Its in the youtube worldwide top 10 for today btw

Yeah when you click the button next to the views it also tells you which country it is popular in.

captumre.jpg

to be honest the rubberbandits have been going on about 8 years now, so i dont see how the lonely island crew gave them the idea, and certainly not for on a boat.

and yes the rubberbandits have a shelf life, but while its here just enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The has gotta be Christmas number one...

http://www.music-chart.info/Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

~500 thousand views

who said they werent going viral?

~500 thousand views

who said they werent going viral?

i know thats 200 thousand between 11 last night and 11 this morning, its gotten outta hand now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

What, you think one novelty song inspired another novelty song? I think you're stretching it.

The Lonely Island one will have a longer shelf life but it's still a one trick song wrapped up in top class production etc, same with lazy sunday or Jizz in my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If you check the map, its starting to pick up views in the states, a very very good thing. prob not just down to the cnbc publish about it, but I'm sure thats a good help!

And to the guy who thinks its a rip off of Im on a boat, you really need to listen to stuff better. the only thing in common is theres rap in both, and a bit of profanity. the subject material, structure, and production is totally different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why?

What's the connection between Horse Outside and I'm On A Boat other than they're both comedy songs?

Advertisement