Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas number 1? i think so!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

zuroph wrote: »
    ~500 thousand views

who said they werent going viral?
    Different song, different reasons. My whole point being that I couldnt see this song going viral like RATM for reasons outlined above. Just sayin is all

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

phill106 wrote: »
    :)

600k now.

So I finally listened to the song and while it is kinda catchy, I still think Cage Against the Machine would make a better stance against the X-Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So I finally listened to the song and while it is kinda catchy, I still think Cage Against the Machine would make a better stance against the X-Factor.

its got nothing to do with making a stand against the Xfactor. Remember the days when being the Xmas number one was being the xmas number one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

zuroph wrote: »
    600k now.

and 11ish hours later it's at 700k
    Viral indeed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can't wait for the album, Gardai Siochana is another epic song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

ScumLord wrote: »
    I can't wait for the album, Gardai Siochana is another epic song.

yep, very very dirty beat

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Nailed on boy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Can we get a sitewide announcement so people will stop posting this?

Its the 19th most viewed in India and 50th in Israel and 16th in South Korea!! the statistics are crazy on it,its taking off all over the world i dont think the lads had any idea it was going to get this big,id say it will hit the one million view by Sunday!
    Jagle wrote: »
    yep, very very dirty beat

I said it on Friday that it was going to hit the one million view by Sunday!! It's at 750,000 now,and no doubt it will be one million sometime tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Can we get a sitewide announcement so people will stop posting this?

I slept all last week, sorry!! Geez

anyway bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Could be the best song ever but I cannot bring myself to watch anything by a guy with a shopping bag on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Aye cracking stuff

bonerm wrote: »
    Could be the best song ever but I cannot bring myself to watch anything by a guy with a shopping bag on his head.

Why you looking at him,did you not see the bridesmaid :confused:

Why you looking at him,did you not see the bridesmaid :confused:

Yes, but there's bits when it's just him .... and thats when I turned it off. As to the burd, I can see a bevy of half-decent looking slappers just by sticking on something like Eastenders.

It certainly is great advertising for Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

It's not even funny enough to be worthy of these countless reposts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I like the rubber bandits but I don't think this song is great. It's okish but nothing on the song for Willie O'Dea

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

awful song, what's more awful are these **** protests to stick it to the machine so that xfactor isn't number 1.

who the **** cares what's number 1, it's not going to make you money, just going to make fat cats more money.

Everyone should go out and purchase Cage Against the Machine's 4'33 tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

It looks more like a twin cam Corolla than a Subaru in the video.

awful song, what's more awful are these **** protests to stick it to the machine so that xfactor isn't number 1.

who the **** cares what's number 1, it's not going to make you money, just going to make fat cats more money.

The best way to protest is to simply not to buy the X-factor type tracks. That's all you need to do. Pushing alternative titles into the mix is only stirring up the competition and sales rather than 'sticking it to the man'.

If you asked Simon Cowell would you rather a scenario where he'd have the Xmas #1 with 100k sales or be number #2 with 200k sales I'm guessing he wouldn't give a fig about the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Anyone find out who the bridesmaid is? My guess she's not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Jesus is this for real? Or is it the whole ironic "so sh1t it's good" brigade out in force again?

That video is, at best, on a par with Dustin and Pat Shortt's "songs"....and to clear up any confusion, i truly believe that both of them are abysmally unfunny.

Cack!

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Anyone find out who the bridesmaid is? My guess she's not Irish.

She is from Limerick,there is loads of fan pages on facebook about her,if you look on page 4 of this thread you will see her name.

Yeah, have to admit, I'm not really into it at all. To each their own and all that I suppose, just doesn't appeal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Can't imagine there will be enough support for this mainly due to demographics of age and location. The rubberbandits have never produced even a slight chortle from me, I presume because I'm from Dublin I don't understand the humour and I'm 28 so maybe its not even directed at my age group?

I'm a 26 year old Dubliner and I think they're great man.

Love the song too. I haven't purchased any music for about 4 years but I'll be buying this.
    *sigged*

Advertisement