Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At What Point is it Acceptable to Switch Allegiance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If you find yourself having to ask yourself that question then you need to review a few things.
    Why are you supporting said club in the first place?
    What has changed since you started supporting that club?
    Why do you want to support another one?
    What happens if new club decreased in interest, same as old on?

If you think you should then swap allegiences, then you didnt have that strong a "gra" for the club you used to support anyway.

I "stopped" being a supported of Man U a good few years ago, after the Glazier takeover. I was and still am disillusioned with the money side of thing and the detatch ment of a lot of players nowadays from the fans.
    I questioned why I supported them in the first place. It was back in the late eighties and mainly because of the Irish link there at the time (with a bit of input from my uncle) and a "need" to support an English club to have something to talk about with friends at the time.

I'd lost all that to be honest.
    I would never think of supporting another English team again.
    I go to the odd Galway United game and of course I watch united now and again but enoy watching matches in general a lot more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Funny how people feel that they have to justify themselves to 'LOI snobbery'. It's an opinion about football and far worse stuff is bandiied around here in the name of 'banter' yet holding an opinion about what you think (in your opinion) constitutes a supporter leads to outrage and scrambling justification. I'm happy to think what I think: I'm not looking for validation from other football suppporters, no matter what I do.

If you're that worked up about not supporting LOI, it obviously touches a nerve (guilt?),or you're incredibly sensitive, albeit only about specific topics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

id start supporting utd and begin trolling. seems like a lark

edit - screw that. id support an LoI club and not go to any of their matches just to piss off the gestapo

double edit - and i found a crackin pic of stovelid, ohnoyoudidnt & CiaranC
    nastyboys1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Are the LOI people still oblivious to the fact that there are vast swathes of people who don't have a "local club"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

VW 1 wrote: »
    Pretty much sick of this debate, but just have one question for you on this...

People like HomerJay who supports United and travels to England on probably a bi-weekly basis for the home games as well as European games, is that person a real football fan because they see their team play probably as much as an LoI fan like yourself? Or do they fall in line with other barstoolers as you like to put it because they dont support their local club?
    How is that anything to do with being a barstooler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

keane2097 wrote: »
    Are the LOI people still oblivious to the fact that there are vast swathes of people who don't have a "local club"?

So they follow one in a whole different country instead?

Doesn't compute

markesmith wrote: »
    So I'm a Spurs fan for 25 years, and now Galway Utd is my LoI team.

Is that satisfactory? Surely you LoI fans can see the logic in someone supporting an English side, but also querying the integrity of someone who does the old switcheroo to Chelsea/Sunderland/United/Man City?
    Fair play for going along to Galway, a club Ive always liked. Hope you enjoy it.#

And frankly, no I dont see the logic in your example. But thats OK, its all subjective.

Diarmuid from Tralee supports Arsenal since he was 7 and has been to The Emirates once as part of his stag weekend, but looks down on Padraig from Ballinasloe who used to support Arsenal but switched over to Man United when they started winning everything in sight. He regards Padraigs opinions on football with a sneer as he doesnt believe a real football fan would ever switch allegiance. In fact, he finds Padraigs opinions bloody irritating, the guy prattles on like he knows what it is to be loyal to a club his entire life.

Meanwhile, Dave from Inchicore supports St Patricks and goes week in, week out, but he looks down on Diarmuid and regards his opinions on football with a sneer because he doesnt believe people who dont go to see their team play are real football fans. In fact, he finds Diarmuids opinions bloody irritating, the guy prattles on like he knows what it is to be loyal to a club his entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

CiaranC wrote: »
    Fair play for going along to Galway, a club Ive always liked. Hope you enjoy it.#

And frankly, no I dont see the logic in your example. But thats OK, its all subjective.

Diarmuid from Tralee supports Arsenal since he was 7 and has been to The Emirates once as part of his stag weekend, but looks down on Padraig from Ballinasloe who used to support Arsenal but switched over to Man United when they started winning everything in sight. He regards Padraigs opinions on football with a sneer as he doesnt believe a real football fan would ever switch allegiance. In fact, he finds Padraigs opinions bloody irritating, the guy prattles on like he knows what it is to be loyal to a club his entire life.

Meanwhile, Dave from Inchicore supports St Patricks and goes week in, week out, but he looks down on Diarmuid and regards his opinions on football with a sneer because he doesnt believe people who dont go to see their team play are real football fans. In fact, he finds Diarmuids opinions bloody irritating, the guy prattles on like he knows what it is to be loyal to a club his entire life.

Yes, but Brian Clough looks down on them all. And with justification :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

How is that anything to do with being a barstooler?

The question was to find what the opinion on a person from Ireland who travels to England 15-20 times a year to watch football games for a team that is from another country where there is no geographical ties to that team as opposed to an LoI fan who supports the local team. ie would you consider that fan on a level peg in comparison to yourself in terms of dedication to/love for the club. Or is it more an Irish v English thing. Just wanted to get the view of an LoI fan, genuine question, no underlying agenda.

• Advertisement

So they follow one in a whole different country instead?

Doesn't compute

I'm from Kerry. The closest clubs that are playing at a decent level are Cork City or Limerick.

Supporting one of those is not far from equally logistically difficult to supporting a major English side, and supporting the English side is far less repugnant than supporting a team from Cork, particularly considering I come from a strong GAA background.

The question was to find what the opinion on a person from Ireland who travels to England 15-20 times a year to watch football games for a team that is from another country where there is no geographical ties to that team as opposed to an LoI fan who supports the local team. ie would you consider that fan on a level peg in comparison to yourself in terms of dedication to/love for the club. Or is it more an Irish v English thing. Just wanted to get the view of an LoI fan, genuine question, no underlying agenda.

Someone who regularly goes overseas like that would be considered a fan. In fact, 99% of those fans also have a local side, as they are, well, football fans. Remember most LoI fans have foreign sides too.

The people referred to as barstoolers are those who pick a random side as a kid and abuse people from random sides rivals town and the likes, despite having no connection or reason to do so. And all from the warmth of their local bar (which they call a 'Liverpool pub' or suchlike) and look down on the professional football happening a mile down the road as being beneath their cultured tastes.

Personally speaking, Id say that person was a bit of an eejit. I mean why just randomnly pick a club in another country and just start travelling there every week? Seems pretty dumb to me.

That said, someone who goes to see their team week in, week out is a football fan, the same as other football fans. It could be argued that the simple act of attending the games makes you a fan, despite the fact that you come from elsewhere. Which may seem a condradiction in terms, but really isnt, I assure you :)

ya'll are doing football wrong. apparantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

In this instance dopey Dave needs to get a life and stop getting wound up by Diarmuids opinions and/or lifestyle choices. Dopey Dave appears to represent a certain (minority) type of LoI fan, generally found in cyberspace, who seem to revel in the sneering at the choices of others.

In real life, most LoI fans don't take other people's lifestyle choices so personally, save the odd few internet losers who waste so much of their time posting about it. I pity them.

Personally speaking, Id say that person was a bit of an eejit. I mean why just randomnly pick a club in another country and just start travelling there every week? Seems pretty dumb to me.

That said, someone who goes to see their team week in, week out is a football fan, the same as other football fans. It could be argued that the simple act of attending the games makes you a fan, despite the fact that you come from elsewhere. Which may seem a condradiction in terms, but really isnt, I assure you :)

If thats your view thats ok with me, we can agree to disagree.

What made me support United was my Dad was a big fan when I was young but he never supported an LoI team.

My closest team is Shelbourne, or Sporting Fingal now.

I cant help that I was brought up as a United fan and if my dad had supported an LoI team I probably would have supported them. I dont get to Old Trafford much, due to finances as opposed to not wanting to go, but I would argue I have as much love for United from my sitting room as you do from a stand but its a circular debate that has been done to death at this stage, there is no point.

I guess overall my point is that it probably depends on family/friends or whatever when growing up, its not typically a random decision.

And for the record I am a football fan, I would watch kids playing on the green if there were no other options!

• Advertisement

In real life, most LoI fans don't take other people's lifestyle choices so personally, save the odd few internet losers who waste so much of their time posting about it. I pity them.
    Sorry I didnt realise you were the spokesperson for "most LoI fans"! When did you get appointed?

Most LoI fans I know think barstoolers are clowns. I must be in a different branch of the "most LoI fans" union to you or something so.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I was at the Villa-Chelsea game in October and while I enjoyed it and would go again being over there and walking around the city and being outside Villa Park showed how distant I am from the club. It's not the same when you don't live in the area. I can still follow them but I'm not a proper fan like the locals. I don't have a proper local team but I go to Dundalk home games whenever I can (have drifted away a good bit in the last year) and while that hardly makes me a die hard it's a more active support than I've given Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What made me support United was my Dad was a big fan when I was young but he never supported an LoI team.

I cant help that I was brought up as a United fan and if my dad had supported an LoI team I probably would have supported them. I dont get to Old Trafford much, due to finances as opposed to not wanting to go, but I would argue I have as much love for United from my sitting room as you do from a stand but its a circular debate that has been done to death at this stage, there is no point.

I guess overall my point is that it probably depends on family/friends or whatever when growing up, its not typically a random decision.

And for the record I am a football fan, I would watch kids playing on the green if there were no other options!

And the thing LoI fans always ask why can't you support Man Utd and Shels or Fingal?

Most LoI fans I know think barstoolers are clowns. I must be in a different branch of the "most LoI fans" union to you or something so.

thats funny cos every LoI fan ive met couldnt give that much of a ****. might be a bit of ribbing but thats about it

And the thing LoI fans always ask why can't you support Man Utd and Shels or Fingal?

Its a fair point it really is, and I was at a few Shels games when I was younger and have been to a couple of Fingal games, but for me the bond that I built with United as a young child idolising players etc, it just wouldnt be there for me if I was to take up following one of those teams now.

Just an aside point, how should I pick which of the teams to support of those two and Bohs that are all pretty close, within ten minutes drive of my house? Closest? Most successful? History?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just an aside point, how should I pick which of the teams to support of those two and Bohs that are all pretty close, within ten minutes drive of my house? Closest? Most successful? History?

Fair point, suppose round up a few mates who have an interest in football, and head along each of the 3's matches different weeks and see which you want to stick with. Most people I know who started following Shels was just because they were close to Tolka or family bringing them. I'm the latter.

*edit* I see youve answered above

You make some decent points, I agree that support is something that is handed down. I would say that it was a random decision at some point, unless your family migrated here from England.

What confuses is me is, there is no desire to see live football. You say you cant afford to get to Old Trafford, fair enough, but is there no desire to go to Tolka to fill the gap? I travel a fair bit and cant always get to my club, so I go along to the clubs wherever Im living. Ive grown quite attached to some of them too.

Sorry I didnt realise you were the spokesperson for "most LoI fans"! When did you get appointed?

Funny that, most LoI fans i know either follow another team of Scottish/English variety, or, mainly, don't give a flying fawk about what people do with their own spare time.

But then again most LoI fans i know, be they friends, work colleagues or neighbours don't spend their days moaning about bar stoolers on the internet, so i can see thats the difference between the loI fans i associate with and you and the whinger brigade.

This never ending moaning about 'barstoolers' or 'plastics' or whatever silly slur you have for peeps these days might go down well at your keyboard, but i'd love for you to be saying that to people's faces. Chances are it wouldn't be long before you're put in your place lad i can tell you that much.

lol

You going to bring your barstool firm out to get me now?

I must say all the lads with no local team near them that wanted to support a team that played nice ball were very lucky that by chance, the overwhelming majoruty of them all ended up supporting two or three of the biggest clubs in the world.

Imagine the shame if the team that you randomly picked/your brother Dave loved/the shirt colour matched your first bike were a decent footballing but obscure team somewhere. Imagine being lumped with Sevilia or Norwich insetad of Barca or United. Morto.

I know for a fact that most of the mancunian City or United fans I know in my extended family or friends would think its weird to support united or city over your local team. Not sdaying it's hostility but just that they would think you should support a team from where you from. People are hardly going to say it to your face (out of politeness) in conversation are they?

lol

You going to bring your barstool firm out to get me now?

Yeah you can tell you're a Rovers fan alright with your talks of 'firms' and the like.

Anyway g'wan, tell someone up close and personal, instead of preaching behind a keyboard, that they're a clown because they follow an English football team. Record it if possible and post it on here, I, amongst many, would love to see it.

Fair point, suppose round up a few mates who have an interest in football, and head along each of the 3's matches different weeks and see which you want to stick with. Most people I know who started following Shels was just because they were close to Tolka or family bringing them. I'm the latter.

That is a fair point also, I have a friend who was always a big Shels fan although in latter years he hasnt been attending regularly due to going out on Fridays and nobody else being interested so I am sure I wouldnt have any trouble getting him to go to a couple of games.

You make some decent points, I agree that support is something that is handed down. I would say that it was a random decision at some point, unless your family migrated here from England.

What confuses is me is, there is no desire to see live football. You say you cant afford to get to Old Trafford, fair enough, but is there no desire to go to Tolka to fill the gap? I travel a fair bit and cant always get to my club, so I go along to the clubs wherever Im living. Ive grown quite attached to some of them too.

As regards the live football, growing up all I ever did was play football, all day everyday and for my local team as well. Stopped playing at about 13 or 14 and am back playing football up to 5 days/nights most weeks now, I prefer to play rather than watch live football at the minute, maybe when I cant play I will start going to more games!

Yeah you can tell you're a Rovers fan alright with your talks of 'firms' and the like.

Anyway g'wan, tell someone up close and personal, instead of preaching behind a keyboard, that they're a clown because they follow an English football team. Record it if possible and post it on here, I, amongst many, would love to see it.

Football is about banter and windups although on this forum it seems like only United and Liverpool fans are allowed to do it.

You're the one handing out the keyboard threats here as far as I can see.

Nobody that supports LOI is against supporting EPL teams as most do themselves. Only that they ignore (and therefore kill) our own league while getting bizarrely patritoic about Ireland. I myself follow United nearly exclusively from the barstool (and enjoy it a lot) as I go to most Rovers games and have kids and other financial commitments.

stovelid wrote: »

I know for a fact that most of the mancunian City or United fans I know in my extended family or friends would think its weird to support united or city over your local team. Not sdaying it's hostility but just that they would think you should support a team from where you from. People are hardly going to say it to your face (out of politeness) in conversation are they?

depends if you are on good speaking terms with them or not. like if they know they can approach you with a certain subject or not and generally, you can always talk to another football fan about football. thing is - they might not give a sh1te because ya know.. they arent dickheads?

i am liking your well used one of "but teh fans of man utd that live in manchester all think your STUPID and i know that because i know them all". some of the more easily influenced on this forum hold the local fans of a team in such reverance that what they say *must* be gospel so if your saying that then then then... omg they must be wrong and have no choice to submit to being completely thick and bad at supporting football. i dunno, im gonna go with the you & ohnoyoudidnt are full of absolute crap line and are just two angry men on the internet, that one suits me fine :)

Jazzy wrote: »
    depends if you are on good speaking terms with them or not. like if they know they can approach you with a certain subject or not and generally, you can always talk to another football fan about football. thing is - they might not give a sh1te because ya know.. they arent dickheads?

i am liking your well used one of "but teh fans of man utd that live in manchester all think your STUPID and i know that because i know them all". some of the more easily influenced on this forum hold the local fans of a team in such reverance that what they say *must* be gospel so if your saying that then then then... omg they must be wrong and have no choice to submit to being completely thick and bad at supporting football. i dunno, im gonna go with the you & ohnoyoudidnt are full of absolute crap line and are just two angry men on the internet, that one suits me fine :)

All that spew says to me is that you're just as angry as us?

• Advertisement

All that spew says to me is that you're just as angry as us?

yes that must be it. it isnt that i have a point, its cos im angry. im liking that since ohnoyoudidnt came back that the pair of you have been on a lil ol rampage through soccer telling us all how ****e we are though.
    yeah, im pretty confident my original point there stands baws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

And what about Irish players going abroad? Dunne, Robbie Keane, Stephen Ireland, etc etc? What's your thoughts on them playing for an English/Scottish/Russian club that's very far from were raised?

If they do it solely for the higher wage, then does that not make them even more hypocritical than us mere fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

No enjoyment in reading this thread at all.

markesmith wrote: »
    And what about Irish players going abroad? Dunne, Robbie Keane, Stephen Ireland, etc etc? What's your thoughts on them playing for an English/Scottish/Russian club that's very far from were raised?

If they do it solely for the higher wage, then does that not make them even more hypocritical than us mere fans?

Please tell me thats not a serious question?

I'm from Kerry. The closest clubs that are playing at a decent level are Cork City or Limerick.

Supporting one of those is not far from equally logistically difficult to supporting a major English side, and supporting the English side is far less repugnant than supporting a team from Cork, particularly considering I come from a strong GAA background.

@OhNoYouDidn't: Did you deliberately ignore this or did you just miss it?

yes that must be it. it isnt that i have a point, its cos im angry. im liking that since ohnoyoudidnt came back that the pair of you have been on a lil ol rampage through soccer telling us all how ****e we are though.
    yeah, im pretty confident my original point there stands baws

I have never seen you contribute a single wortthwhile thing to these threads except dopey sarcastic rants about LOI snobbery (very much like your thankfully departed bumboy CHD) whereas I'll stand right over the fact that while I've taken the piss on ocassion, I've put across a serious opinion often in these threads about LOI.

II'll say what the fuck I like about my family in manchester without seeking your permission as well?

he hates GAA

I missed it. Why not follow Tralee Dynamo's in the A league? Its semi pro football and they will be in the LoI in the next couple of years.

But the idea that your affinity to the Gah means you follow an English side is something you will have to reconcile with yourself. Seems odd to me, on the basis the Gah profess to be a nationalistic organisation.

Seems to me to be an excuse, some line in a map drawn by a British Civil Servant mattering to you that much. There are Rovers supporters clubs in most Leinster counties and Belfast. Doesn't seem to stop them.

I have never seen you contribute a single wotrthwhile thing to these threads except dopey saractsic rants about LOI snobbery (very much like your thankfully departed bumboy CHD) whereas I'll stand right over the fact that while I've taken the piss on ocassion, I've put across a serious opinion often in these threads about LOI.

II'll say what the fuck I my family in manchester without seeking your permission as well?

Leave CHD alone you creep - he's a hero.

• Advertisement

Football is about banter and windups although on this forum it seems like only United and Liverpool fans are allowed to do it.

No banter allowed in the SF, it's in the charter somewhere or something.
    You're the one handing out the keyboard threats here as far as I can see.

Hey i'm just remindind dopey dave, or whatever he's called, that calling people clowns because of their lifestyle choices is a pretty stupid thing to be doing. He seemed to get all upset when i mention what the repercussions were if he started saying his nonsense in real life, guess he can't take my banter.

he hates GAA

3 words and you still got the grammer and syntax wrong. Run along, the grownups are talking.

I have never seen you contribute a single wotrthwhile thing to these threads except dopey saractsic rants about LOI snobbery (very much like your thankfully departed bumboy CHD) whereas I'll stand right over the fact that while I've taken the piss, I've put across a serious opinion often in these threads about LOI.

i have often put across how i feel and put up many good points. CHD was my bumboy? really? do you often just make things up for the sake of it and for the sake of you sounding better then you actually are?
    and this isnt a thread about LoI. if you havent noticed, i stay out of most LoI threads.. you and your fellow bully boys seem to enjoy making everything about you and the LoI though.
    is this one of your patented 'good points' though? you dont seem to have a good one there anyway so if thats the standard then yeah - ill stand by my point that you and ONYD are just 2 angry men that are full of crap. simple as
    3 words and you still got the grammer and syntaz wrong. Run along, the grownups are talking.
    hitting me where it hurts, the grammar. desperate much ?

i
    is this one of your patented 'good points' though? you dont seem to have a good one there anyway so if thats the standard then yeah - ill stand by my point that you and ONYD are just 2 angry men that are full of crap. simple as

I'll stand over the fact that I mostly try and contribute an reasonable opinion on these threads.

It's only that saying somerthing as uncontroversial as Irish people should support their own league and people that go to games are more loyal than those who don't generates controversy on forums like this. Relating my experience with macunians I know is ridiculed by you when for me, it's just a anecdotal and true story.

My views on the LOI are an opinion and therefore not set in stone as right.

Your sole contribution to these threads is to rip the piss basically. Fair enough if the topic meanders and is repetitive but reptition and WUM never seems to be a problem elsewhere on the forum when the big guns are being discussed. There's even a soccer forum award for shit-stirring wihich appears to be little jmore than back-slapping for a job well done. I don't like the threads I menton so I largely steer clear of them. Maybe you should do same if you're getting so wound up.

I'll stand over the fact that I mostly try and contribute an reasonable opinion on these threads.

It's only that saying somerthing as uncontroversial as Irish people should support their own league and people that go to games are more loyal than those who don't generates controversy on forums like this. Relating my experience with macunians I know is ridiculed by you when for me, it's just a anecdotal and true story.

My views on the LOI are an opinion and therefore not set in stone as right.

Your sole contribution to these threads is to rip the piss basically. Fair enough if the topic meanders and is repetitive but reptition and WUM never seems to be a problem elsewhere on the forum when the big guns are being discussed. There's even a soccer forum award for shit-stirring wihich appears to be little jmore than back-slapping for a job well done. I don't like the threads I menton so I largely steer clear of them. Maybe you should do same if you're getting so wound up.

so you can act like a bully and arent full of crap because you try and contribute occasionally in those 16000+ posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I must admit I find OhNoYouDidnt's reponses to be quite entertaining.

He chastises fans for supporting British teams, and failing to support pub teams like "Tralee Dynamos", but he omits to mention that he supports a club which has repeatedly forfeited its history. Shamrock Rovers are the National League's nomads. Since leaving Glenmalure Park, the Rovers have been bounced back and forth across the Liffey. They have played in the R.D.S, Drumcondra, Phibsboro, and Santry. This is before the finally settled on Tallaght, a place in which they have NO history.

It is impossible for OhNoYouDidnt to have solid links in EVERY single place that Shamrock Rovers have laid their hat. He supports a team which has no solid link to the community it is rooted in (im not talking about youth set-ups etc, im talking about historical links, which date back for many years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Het-Field wrote: »
    I must admit I find OhNoYouDidnt's reponses to be quite entertaining.

He chastises fans for supporting British teams, and failing to support pub teams like "Tralee Dynamos", but he omits to mention that he supports a club which has repeatedly forfeited its history. Shamrock Rovers are the National League's nomads. Since leaving Glenmalure Park, the Rovers have been bounced back and forth across the Liffey. They have played in the R.D.S, Drumcondra, Phibsboro, and Santry. This is before the finally settled on Tallaght, a place in which they have NO history.

It is impossible for OhNoYouDidnt to have solid links in EVERY single place that Shamrock Rovers have laid their hat. He supports a team which has no solid link to the community it is rooted in (im not talking about youth set-ups etc, im talking about historical links, which date back for many years)

Going by the stuff he puts in the Celtic thread he is also a fan of them and they are a British club ;)

so you can act like a bully and arent full of crap because you try and contribute occasionally in those 16000+ posts?

I don't act like a bully.

What happens is that threads like this amble along and while some people get annoyed (fair enough) and some generalization is made, a lot of people still discuss the topic even if it's deigned to be repetitive and insulting to self-elected arbiters such as yourself.

Then you or a few people like you come in with the OMG LOOK AT THE LOI GESTAPO LULZ,

If that doesn't get a reaction, you post it again or try a variant along the lines of WE'RE NOT REALZ FOOTBALL FANZ.

Then the thread goes off topic like this and may even get closed which is generally exactly what you want.

It's a good job I eventually saw you and CHD actually posting in other forums. For ages, I thought you were both the output of a simple cron script that just periodically fired off random OMG LOI LULZ posts into any thread with LOI in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Doesn't every Irishman have Celtic as their back-up club

Hey i'm just remindind dopey dave, or whatever he's called, that calling people clowns because of their lifestyle choices is a pretty stupid thing to be doing. He seemed to get all upset when i mention what the repercussions were if he started saying his nonsense in real life, guess he can't take my banter.
    I think people that hang around bars watching Liverpool and Manchester with their replica jerseys on and calling them "we" and "us", despite having hardly, if ever, having been in those places, are clowns. This is clownish behaviour. Its an opinion, one I am entitled to have, and Im sorry if it upsets you and your "lifestyle choice". Its also one I share when asked or when the conversation comes up in "real life".

Theres no need to be wishing violence on me over the internet, thats just embarrassing.
    Het-Field wrote:

Why do you insist on bringing this up on every single thread? You know its the norm for UK and Irish clubs teams to move around the area they are from quite a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Doesn't every Irishman have Celtic as their back-up club

Nope :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement