Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the thaw?!

• 09-12-2010 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

C'mon on get on with it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Some areas in Waterford don't get any sun at all during the day, and with temperatures set to continue to plummet, I can't see the ice moving anytime soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It is noticeable on the mountains when looked at from the N25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The "alledged" current thaw has nothing to do with direct sunlight and everything to do with wind direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

If you want to do some clearing attack the ice with a shovel at about 3 o'clock, when it will be a bit looser. It will start to freeze again after 4, so by four clear away all the melt/surface water with a yard brush to avoid black ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can see a difference out My way (towards dungarvan) but I'm on the coast unless that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Actually, the pavement on my way home has thawed a good bit. Enough to see the contents of my wallet that was stolen last week sticking out from the ice! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

The temp reading in my car was 9 degrees at lunchtime and I could see water dripping off everything in the sunlight :) Hopefully that thaw wont result in huge amounts of ice everywhere by tomorrow morning.
    Rainclouds on the horizon too :)

Advertisement