Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the Airport

Options
  • 09-12-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

Heading to Manchester tomorrow so I've to get from Dublin City to the Airport. Was looking at the 16a from Westmoreland Street. Any other recommendations much appreciated!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

747 mate

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/your-journey1/timetables/All-Timetables/747/

Through the port tunnel out at the airport - job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Aircoach all the way for me. Round trip is like 12quid (I think) and it's way more comfortable than the 747. Stick your bag underneath and have a seat.
    IMO it's way quicker than the 747 too (maybe it's in my mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

+1 for aircoach http://www.aircoach.ie/
    mates use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wish I could be answering: "METRO NORTH!" right now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

OisinT wrote: »
    Aircoach all the way for me. Round trip is like 12quid (I think) and it's way more comfortable than the 747. Stick your bag underneath and have a seat.
    IMO it's way quicker than the 747 too (maybe it's in my mind)

Have to agree with Aircoach. €12 return and it drops you off/picks you up right outside arrivals, runs 24 hours a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

16a is cheaper but it takes longer and is less frequent and less reliable than the aircoach/747.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

747 for me. Cheaper than the aircoach and you can watch/see your luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Cheers for all the replies lads! Where does the 747 leave from? Busaras? Seeing as its more frequent I reckon its a better option than the 16a!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

Definitely Aircoach. Quicker, punctual and comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

t1mm wrote: »
    Cheers for all the replies lads! Where does the 747 leave from? Busaras? Seeing as its more frequent I reckon its a better option than the 16a!

Yeah it leaves from Busaras. I think it picks up on O'Connell Street too.

Although sometimes you get the quicker one that goes out through the port tunnel. That one's great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

747 leaves from Busaras and picks up outside the Dublin Bus offices on O'Connell St.. At rush hour times it goes through the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you have the money aircoach.

If you dont... Any of the 41's from memory work out cheaper.

Advertisement