Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad Thesis

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing a postgrad in business and having issues with my thesis as follows:

My research proposal was accepted by company X which I was delighted about so I then moved onto my industry review, problem is, I've emailed company X on numerous occasions looking for information but no reply (I can't get the relevant material on the web). I also sent a limited access form to them but nothing has been answered.

Question I'm asking myself, should I give up on company X as I haven't done too much work on my industry review & ask company Y can I do the thesis on them. My idea is generic to the industry and I also would like to do it.

any opinions would be helpfull and thanks for taking the time to read,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have you spoken to your supervisor about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

convert wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your supervisor about this?

thanks for the reply,
    no unfortunately, due to the weather we haven't even discussed my research proposal, I sent him an email asking to contact me with my number attached but nothing.

Rang company Y today, told me to send them my RP and they'll see what they can do.

hopefully that will come good, its looking like I'm falling well behind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

thanks for the reply,
    no unfortunately, due to the weather we haven't even discussed my research proposal, I sent him an email asking to contact me with my number attached but nothing.

Rang company Y today, told me to send them my RP and they'll see what they can do.

hopefully that will come good, its looking like I'm falling well behind

Don't worry too much about falling behind. Something like this will always arise during a PhD at some stage, regardless of discipline, and it's better it happen in the early stages rather than towards the end.

Advertisement