Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of education: Intensive Xmas revision course..is it worth it?

• 09-12-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hay guys.. do u think its a good idea to attend the course in Dublin? coz my lecturer said that its very helpful.... im thinking of goin for Chemistry and Physics... but its too frikkin expensive.. have you guys heard any good comments about the IOE course? thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Physics one is very good, I did.

Chem? I have no idea, I spoke to a guy I knew who was repeating chem and he was calling stuff by a few weird names, so I have my doubts about the teachers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Chemistry, I don't know I'm in science in UCD now and I was talking to a former student of the institute and she said that chemistry was just ok. I'd be looking for a bit better than ok if I was spending my holidays in the institute and you might be better off spending the money on one one one grinds instead. When I did chemistry last year I remember everyone was always talking about Tara Lyons' notes, I saw the notes recently and they're nothing special really. I don't know can't really say because I didn't do it myself but I'm sure you'll get something out of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have the institute chemistry notes, they're nothing to write home about. Don't know about the chrismas things though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

craxsham wrote: »
    hay guys.. do u think its a good idea to attend the course in Dublin? coz my lecturer said that its very helpful.... im thinking of goin for Chemistry and Physics... but its too frikkin expensive.. have you guys heard any good comments about the IOE course? thanks :D

I'm not sure about two courses. I'm trying to do a hell of a lot of study I don't know how someone could fit studying for other subjects around revision courses. Pat Doyle is the man for Physics, I think he's awesome.

The notes aren't superb, it's how the teachers explain them actually. I think the notes wouldn't be worthwhile for a lot of subjects without the teacher's explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd definitely say it was worth it, did it in third and sixth year and both times it was really helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Basically the best thing you get out of the grinds is the notes - Irish is very good as is English!

Advertisement