Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Retail and Services Management DT343 & extra info !!

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Im currently finishing my ordinary degree in Business Management and am thinking of transferring into the DIT Retail and Services Management DT343 course at the beginning of September 2011..

Just wondering is any body currently studying the course?? I know it’s a relatively new course so im just wondering is it more to the marketing stream than the management stream?

Also having studied in my home town for the 3years can get some feedback on the accommodation offered to DIT students? And its standards? As i do not know anyone studying in the university...

I have heard mixed reviews about DIT from students so could if possible could someone describe the location of study and the atmosphere in the place?

Cheers,
    P :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

I completed Dt343 a couple of years ago. It’s a "good" course if you want to work in retail or banking field. The course tends to be relatively small and since you can choose modules so some classes could be as small as ten leading to some very good relations with lecturers. The modules you choose can be very retail orientated like category management store environment or more financial like corporate finance. You would also complete a 10,000 word research project on a subject of your choice.

Most of the lecturers are enthusiastic and willing to help. Be prepared for a lot of group, project work and presentations!

I am a little confused though how you could transfer to the honours part as the course is modular and I think you now do some modules over two different academic years. Or if it’s the Masters you are looking at I think you need an honours degree.

Lastly most graduates take a couple of different routes retail management, banking or masters!

Advertisement