Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit o' maudlin'. Lego Exhibition.

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

So does anyone else remember where/when this used to be on in the city?

It struck me there the other day that I only remember it being a downstairs of some redbrick building in the city. But I do vividly recall the displays and models and toys!

Ah memories!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I remember the Lego world they used to have in Arnotts at xmas on Henry st. in the 80's. Used to go and see santa there,great times.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

lord lucan wrote: »
    I remember the Lego world they used to have in Arnotts on Henry st. in the 80's. Used to go and see santa there,great times.:)

I'm pretty sure that's the one! A fantastic place alright. Was just trying to place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yup, top floor of Arnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Used to go with my dad every year, best thing about Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Aw got my hopes up there. Thought there was a new exhibition :(
    I used to go with my dad too every year. Very fond memories of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That brings it back a bit, I remember going to Clerys to see Santa, Arnotts to see the Lego then to the Ice-Cream factory in the Ilac Centre to round it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

As well as the Xmas Lego stuff in Arnotts I remember one time going to City Hall in Dublin and seeing this fine construction in the main hall.

http://www.archiseek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4705&p=89716

I think it was built as part of the celebrations for the 1988 Dublin Millenium? Anyway I was totally blown away by it and spent ages staring at it. It was out in the open (rather than in the glass case seen in the photos) and I think I even tried to pull off a single piece to see was it just clicked together in the regular way, but thankfully it was all glued together.

Anyway that linked thread was from 2006 so who knows if the construction is still in that Ballyfermot Library or where it might be today (hopefully still in one piece). Nice job anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

was that lego city hall not on the late late toy show one year with gay byrne? i cant remember which year but am almost certain that was on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah the Lego show was Arnotts alright and I used to go there every year too :) They moved it to different floors in different years but for a few years it was on the top floor. My Dad used to take me and my brother there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Ah yes I remember the Lego Exhibition. I used go to see santa in Clerys and then off to Arnotts to see the lego!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just realised that there was a thread about this in 2006 too :)

Advertisement