Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on purchasing 360 slim.

• 09-12-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

So got to thinking (uh oh!).

I know the 250GB would be handy for me to store movies/music. Just wondering is there any special backwards compatability with that too? (IE play original Xbox games).

Also is it cheeky to get a 4GB and then buy a separate 250GB drive and install that manually? (Which'll probably void the warranty!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving from Games to Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

All Xbox 360s can play original Xbox games although the only original I played was Halo 2, the only difference between the 4gb and 250gb besides the capacity is that the 4gb had a matte finish and the 250gb has a glossy finish, it will cost you almost the same if you buy a 4gb and then buy the hard drive seperate and the warranty won't be void, you could also buy a hard drive and case off deal extreme but I think that might void the warranty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    All Xbox 360s can play original Xbox games although the only original I played was Halo 2, the only difference between the 4gb and 250gb besides the capacity is that the 4gb had a matte finish and the 250gb has a glossy finish, it will cost you almost the same if you buy a 4gb and then buy the hard drive seperate and the warranty won't be void, you could also buy a hard drive and case off deal extreme but I think that might void the warranty!

Just a minor correction, not all games work on the Xbox 360.... only the most popular titles really is what MS went for, theres a list online somewhere that tells you what can and can not be played on the 360....

The only ones ive personally fired up are Halo 2 and Shenmue 2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just a minor correction, not all games work on the Xbox 360.... only the most popular titles really is what MS went for, theres a list online somewhere that tells you what can and can not be played on the 360....

The only ones ive personally fired up are Halo 2 and Shenmue 2....
    Did you see him say all? :p

Advertisement