Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game tournament

• 09-12-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how I would go about organizing a game battles type tournament. I have no experience in organising such an event but have a lot of experience in organising other events.

Here's what I think I need

8 Xbox's, 2 teams of 4
    8 Screen's of some sort What would be the minimum size
    8 copy's of the game for instance black ops.
    8 Controllers
    Local Area network through system link cables system link with some form of hub.That's all the infrastructure I need and I can manage all the marketing, sales and promotions my self.

After typing that I can see the money amount mounting up plus all the extra things included.

Is there any other event in the country where I can see how they run it and do you think there is a demand out there?. At the moment I'm just playing with figures and will probably need some sponsorship to get it going.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Don't forget a venue

19 inch screens would work, but if people come to watch you'd have to provide a big screen for the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Venue I was thinking local halls, keeping it away from where alcohol was served and I have a projector screen.

Advertisement