Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Sales team harassing me.

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

In the past 5 weeks we have received three Eircom sales people call to the door and 2 sales calls.
    I am absolutly fed up with Eircom trying to sell us their products. Its funny because they try to explain to me how 8mb Non congested broadband is faster than 12mb broadband. It is almost harassment at this stage.

Does anyone know how I can stop Eircom from calling my phone/calling to the door.
    I called up Sales and they gave me 1800200681 to call but that is not in service. Typical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

These sales people are not directly employed by Eircom. They work for a company who earns commission on sales to Eircom.

They generally pick an area and then they swamp it.

Not sure what you can do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you chase them off with a baseball bat, the word gets around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Open the door naked, holding some sort of meat, a knife and drenched in blood.

problem solved.

Or tell them you'll listen to them if they have a while to talk about Jesus, that'll scare anyone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to Eircom

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hogzy wrote: »
    In the past 5 weeks we have received three Eircom sales people call to the door and 2 sales calls.
    I am absolutly fed up with Eircom trying to sell us their products. Its funny because they try to explain to me how 8mb Non congested broadband is faster than 12mb broadband. It is almost harassment at this stage.

Does anyone know how I can stop Eircom from calling my phone/calling to the door.
    I called up Sales and they gave me 1800200681 to call but that is not in service. Typical.

Hi Hogzy,

Are you an erircom customer currently?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hi Hogzy,

Are you an erircom customer currently?

Thanks, Mark

No, I was about 2-3 years ago. I'm just fed up with your (Eircom) sales tactics. If i said no last in September, October, November and December what do ye expect me to say to the man who called to the door today?

Iv never experienced this sort of sales in my life and to be honest it is pushing me further and further away from your company.

EDIT: Ill PM you my phone number and address. (Please dont phone or call to the door though :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

No, I was about 2-3 years ago. I'm just fed up with your (Eircom) sales tactics. If i said no last in September, October, November and December what do ye expect me to say to the man who called to the door today?

Iv never experienced this sort of sales in my life and to be honest it is pushing me further and further away from your company.

EDIT: Ill PM you my phone number and address. (Please dont phone or call to the door though :P)

Hi,

I sent a PM to you a moment ago. I will get back to you tomorrow if you have any follow up issues.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

Ring ring!
    Hogzy:Hello?
    Eircom: 'ello this is Voychek ringink from Telecom Eireann how are you this evenink?
    Hogzy: Grand just having me dinner
    Eircom: Did you know that Eircom have some exciting offers available to special customer like you.......
    Hogzys phone BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

this usually works for me

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Aah Winback I presume.
    I have a letter from them showing that their rep lied (they used the term "lied") to me years ago regarding one of their packages.

I've gotten several phone and door calls over the years. Each caller was told to never make contact with me again. For some reason, it takes a long long long time for them to actually listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sababear

It solves all the problems, and if they catch you unawares just tell them where to go... they are only doing a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

In fairness Eircom are going down the toilet at the moment, losing thousands of customers every month. Surely you can't begrudge them as they come close to their death bed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    In fairness Eircom are going down the toilet at the moment, losing thousands of customers every month. Surely you can't begrudge them as they come close to their death bed

If i say no 3 times in one month, why would i say yes a fourth time? If i receive any sort of call from them again i will end up having my solicitor send them a letter asking them to cease contacting me and calling to my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Invite them in, tell them you will make tea then listen to them. Then spend 3/4 hour getting out table cloth/best china/laying table, then serve them up cold weak tea in tiny dainty cups. then tell them you are in a hurry and can only spare a few minutes. They will pass the word to give your house a wide berth in future

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, you contact the customer services dept. of whatever company is currently carrying your calls and you tell them that you want it recorded in the National Directory Database (NDD) Opt - Out Register that you do not wish to receive marketing calls. The line provider is ultimately responsible for this at the end of the day and in most cases that would be Eircom

You will most likely have to wait for several weeks for this to be processed but after that you can then make a formal complain to the Data Protection Commissioner in relation to any marketing calls received.

All telephone carriers and internet providers are legally obliged to operate within the parameters of the scheme.

Oh, for door to door sales people just be practical and have this handy when you answer the door :D

Baseball_bat_thumb_288x432_25609_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

the next eircom rep that calls tell him/her to put u down on their list as a DECMA....they will know what this means.....Dont Ever Call Me Again.o

<snip>Mod warning: do not ask anyone to contact you with personal account information, only Verified Reps may ask that to help with a customer's enquiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

the next eircom rep that calls tell him/her to put u down on their list as a DECMA....they will know what this means.....Dont Ever Call Me Again.o

<snip>Mod warning: do not ask anyone to contact you with personal account information, only Verified Reps may ask that to help with a customer's enquiry.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishjig69b,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? Is sounds like you may be opted into the NDD database; I can remove you from this if you wish? You can read more on this here https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-Marketing-Calls-and-the-National-Directory-Database-Opt-Out-Register-a-Subscriber's-Guide/y/908.htm[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishjig69b,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? Is sounds like you may be opted into the NDD database; I can remove you from this if you wish? You can read more on this here https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-Marketing-Calls-and-the-National-Directory-Database-Opt-Out-Register-a-Subscriber's-Guide/y/908.htm[/font]

Pamela, you do know that you replied in a thread that's coming close on 6 years since the last post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

muffler wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishjig69b,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? Is sounds like you may be opted into the NDD database; I can remove you from this if you wish? You can read more on this here https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-Marketing-Calls-and-the-National-Directory-Database-Opt-Out-Register-a-Subscriber's-Guide/y/908.htm[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Pamela, you do know that you replied in a thread that's coming close on 6 years since the last post :)
    Oops it's been a very long day for Pamela :( I will be sure to let her know :)

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishjig69b,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? Is sounds like you may be opted into the NDD database; I can remove you from this if you wish? You can read more on this here https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-Marketing-Calls-and-the-National-Directory-Database-Opt-Out-Register-a-Subscriber's-Guide/y/908.htm[/font]

No harm done at all. Hope she's away home for a well deserved rest :)

• Advertisement

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishjig69b,[/font]

No harm done at all. Hope she's away home for a well deserved rest :)
    She will be on her way soon, she will certainly appreciate your concern :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Might want to adjust that response time, 9 hrs? more like 49k +Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭shmeee

This thread just popped up on the homepage so said I'd have a look.

An eir sales person called to my door selling me whatever he could.

I was interested as the pull of BT Sports and Eir sports is one that could rope me in.

Anyway he asked me what I had and what I was paying, told him all the details, currently with sky for TV and Broadband. Getting over 50mb speed most of the time which is fine by me and never any problems. He said eir can get me 60mb and I'd get the free sports then.

He asked me for my landline number, which I don't even use or have a phone plugged in so I had to go into sitting room to look for it as wrote on a piece of paper somewhere. And he asked could he come in out of the heat, fine by me.

Then he goes and gets the sky remote and checks my bill online. Saying did you know you can do this and I said yes. But he goes and does it anyway to see what I am paying as if to say I was lying to him. He sees the price and goes you can save a 5er here. And then get the sports and so on. I can change you over right now he says.

I'm grand I say as I've deals which last till November with sky and so on. But no he wants a sale there and then. I tell him to get back to me then in a few months and I'll see. 

Talk about a pushy salesman and one that just logs in and checks your personally details and bills as if he owns the house. 

After his carry on I won't be changing over for the sake of a 5er a month or so of a saving. 

I can get hold of BT some other way, their black Friday deal will surely come out again and I don't mind that price. 

But F**k me, them eir salesmen would drive you mad and this is not the first time such has happened. 

shmeee wrote: »
    And he asked could he come in out of the heat, fine by me.
    Anyone reading that and who wasn't in the country this week would say you're off your rocker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

shmeee wrote: »
    This thread just popped up on the homepage so said I'd have a look.

An eir sales person called to my door selling me whatever he could.

I was interested as the pull of BT Sports and Eir sports is one that could rope me in.

Anyway he asked me what I had and what I was paying, told him all the details, currently with sky for TV and Broadband. Getting over 50mb speed most of the time which is fine by me and never any problems. He said eir can get me 60mb and I'd get the free sports then.

He asked me for my landline number, which I don't even use or have a phone plugged in so I had to go into sitting room to look for it as wrote on a piece of paper somewhere. And he asked could he come in out of the heat, fine by me.

Then he goes and gets the sky remote and checks my bill online. Saying did you know you can do this and I said yes. But he goes and does it anyway to see what I am paying as if to say I was lying to him. He sees the price and goes you can save a 5er here. And then get the sports and so on. I can change you over right now he says.

I'm grand I say as I've deals which last till November with sky and so on. But no he wants a sale there and then. I tell him to get back to me then in a few months and I'll see. 

Talk about a pushy salesman and one that just logs in and checks your personally details and bills as if he owns the house. 

After his carry on I won't be changing over for the sake of a 5er a month or so of a saving. 

I can get hold of BT some other way, their black Friday deal will surely come out again and I don't mind that price. 

But F**k me, them eir salesmen would drive you mad and this is not the first time such has happened. 
    Hi  shmeee,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm so sorry to hear this, please feel free to PM me your details and I will relay your feedback to the FOTS (feet on the street) team.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swansea

Wish they would hassle me. Sent a PM on the 20th looking for more info but haven't received a reply from anybody.

swansea wrote: »
    Wish they would hassle me. Sent a PM on the 20th looking for more info but haven't received a reply from anybody.
    Hi Swansea,

I am very sorry to hear you have not had a reply from anyone :(

Can you advise who you sent a PM to?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Sent to: eir: Aisling, eir: Alan, eir: Tony, eir: Tracey, Eircom: Reps

swansea wrote: »
    Sent to: eir: Aisling, eir: Alan, eir: Tony, eir: Tracey, Eircom: Reps
    If you forward me on the mail I would be more than happy to check this out for you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement

Still looking for some help, even after a few PMs.

I go to this link: https://www.eir.ie/deals/existing-customer/

Select 'Get this bundle' for one of the options. But then when I get to customise my order, it tells me that the total price is €25 p/m which is obviously for new customers and not existing customers. Looks like it's impossible to order a bundle as an existing customer on the website, am I right?

Advertisement