Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube - You can upload longer than 15 mins

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Please go to your channels and click the uplaod button (or click here)

You will now be able to uplaod videos longer than 15mins.

Enjoy

Tallon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Please bear in mind that as this feature has not yet been officially announced, it may not be for everyone, also it is rumoured that it only takes effect if your account is clear of any strikes, both copyright and Terms of Service/Community Guidelines strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why would it not be for everyone?

I have strikes

Well, mainly due to the fact that some people are still saying on the YouTube help forum thread from a week ago that started the rumour of this coming in that they don't yet have it.

Whatever it was the switch that was flipped during the night enabled it for a much greater number of people than the very few that got it about 5 days ago. No-one is sure of the actual details yet seeing as there has yet to be any official word on the matter.

Better click it quick then :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Awesome aaaand done.

Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

I now I seen it when I went to upload!!! yay!!
    by the way I, as like tallon have a strike on my account

Whats the strike for?

I got one for copyrighted music but recently I challenged it with this disclamer I found and won so I dont know if its still on my account

No, It won't be if you challenged it.

the thing is I dont know if I actually won, I mean I think I did cos theres no copyright thing beside the video but youtube never told me anything!

• Advertisement

the thing is I dont know if I actually won, I mean I think I did cos theres no copyright thing beside the video but youtube never told me anything!

No they don't inform you at all when any of your videos are flagged for copyright, nor when it's removed after you challenge. I once had three videos flagged, one for a video of Borderlands because I included the opening cutscne and WMG jumped on that (that's fine, not like Germans watch my Let's Plays anyway), but then two more of my gameplay videos were taken by some weird gaming magazine companies called IDG and Sanoma, both of which were removed after challenging. But all along the way I received no notification whatsoever.

From what I am hearing you need multiple strikes for them to limit you to 15 minutes.

While it's interesting this is a highly abusable process while it remains automated. With the current false flagging trend on yt, I can see this becoming a major cause of frustration in the near future.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    No they don't inform you at all when any of your videos are flagged for copyright, nor when it's removed after you challenge. I once had three videos flagged, one for a video of Borderlands because I included the opening cutscne and WMG jumped on that (that's fine, not like Germans watch my Let's Plays anyway), but then two more of my gameplay videos were taken by some weird gaming magazine companies called IDG and Sanoma, both of which were removed after challenging. But all along the way I received no notification whatsoever.

i know its wierd whats going on in germany any one of my vids that get copyrighted are fine except for in germany!!

I'm in Germany right now. It's a pain in the f^%king arse. Youtube is effectively worthless, about 30% of vids wont work.

Hahaha, You must not be able to see any of my montages, they're all Copywritten :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bob Engineer

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Please go to your channels and click the uplaod button (or click here)

You will now be able to uplaod videos longer than 15mins.

Enjoy

Tallon

thank you bro...

u ar awesome.... i really2 need this info

Advertisement