Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Return to cold next week - Potentially Severe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

An inch or two of snow and Ireland goes mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Im not too worried about being starved of showers because the northerly is only to forecast to last a day or two and then the east will be in the firing line. Well thats what the GFS says.

Steba wrote: »
    An inch or two of snow and Ireland goes mental!

Well more like 16 inches.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Well more like 16 inches.;)

26 " in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Im not too worried about being starved of showers because the northerly is only to forecast to last a day or two and then the east will be in the firing line. Well thats what the GFS says.
    Stop saying that , its our turn up North for the big snowfall, yas have enough of it down the country :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

roads very bad early this evening, what are they gonna be like in the morn?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Maxamber

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but just wanted to thank (big-time!) the forecasters on this forum: we're at about 300m asl east of the Wicklow Mountains and if I hadn't come across you guys three weeks ago and got organised as a result, we'd have been under a lot of pressure with animals, for fuel and so on.

We've still got 2 feet of snow in the fields, packed ice on our untreated road and it doesn't look like improving any time soon. Minus 3 as I type, so I'm paying close attention to you all (especially MT Cranium) and, again, a BIG thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 a4martman

Roads very dodgy for sure in midlands this morning. Freezing bigtime now so back to the long slow spin to work. Still lots of traces of snow around mullingar area today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

stock up on soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ive been in work since friday, havent had much time to look at boards... i ve been havin withdrawl symptoms!

Some1 care to fill me in.... Upgrade on runs?, downgrade?... snow topia? :)

• Advertisement

Well Iano, are ye sitting down... :)

MT said theres a greenland express coming :) take a read, and Im sure you'll be salivating like most of us here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭dasa29

there is alot of stuff still around mullingar, the canal is still pretty frozen and a lot of footpaths and estate roads are still bad.

On friday the nra told westmeath coco to limit the amount of salt used from 35t instead of the normal 100t.

"Westmeath County Council has been requested by the National Roads Authority to restrict its usage of salt to 35 tonnes per night for the foreseeable future. This is a severe restriction as 100 tonnes of salt is required to treat the identified Priority Routes within the county.

In order to comply with this restriction, it is necessary for the Council to further prioritise routes for treatment and in this regard, ONLY NATIONAL PRIMARY AND NATIONAL SECONDARY ROUTES WILL BE TREATED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Furthermore, these routes will be treated with a mixture of salt and sand, which is not as effective a de-icer as pure salt. Therefore, motorists are strongly advised to exercise extreme care whenever there is a chance that ice may be present and to assume at all times that surfaces have not been treated. Severe hills that are prone to ice may also be treated on some Regional Routes.

It should be noted that the main streets in the larger towns that have traditionally been treated will not be treated until further notice. Therefore, motorists should take extra care in urban areas."

lucy2010 wrote: »
    26 " in wexford

In wickla they got around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm finished for the holidays on the 17th, BRING IT ON!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18Z GFS rolling out, let's see what fun and games this one has....

Pangea wrote: »
    Stop saying that , its our turn up North for the big snowfall, yas have enough of it down the country :P

Its not my desicion, thats just what the models are saying. I say you will get enough for the two days, then its the easts turn:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

12Z UKMO for Sat 18th. Thoughts? Could be interesting.........

UW144-21.GIF?12-18

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

dasa29 wrote: »
    "Westmeath County Council has been requested by the National Roads Authority to restrict its usage of salt to 35 tonnes per night for the foreseeable future. This is a severe restriction as 100 tonnes of salt is required to treat the identified Priority Routes within the county.

100 tonnes is only 4 loads of sand, if theres no salt, cant they just put out sand, 15 years ago there was no salt being used, we didnt go extinct!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    12Z UKMO for Sat 18th. Thoughts? Could be interesting.........

UW144-21.GIF?12-18

Fekced if I know but it looks impressive! Purple rain?

Jake1 wrote: »
    Well Iano, are ye sitting down... :)

MT said theres a greenland express coming :) take a read, and Im sure you'll be salivating like most of us here :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

JMSE wrote: »

ha, yeah looks impressive alright, after been on here for the last 2 weeks reading posts, i think it means its not a good sign of things to come.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Not the greenland express :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

JMSE wrote: »

purplerain460.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Not the greenland express :D
    30-1433-D.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

^^^
    That one'd be just grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ok so I'm not a regular on this forum, but I've a bit of travelling to do the Tuesday before Christmas - can anyone tell me briefly how's the weather going to be the week after next (Monday and Tuesday)..........many thanks!

if thats the greenland express, all aboard, choo choo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

purplerain460.jpg

Worse than Prince I fear maq:

cjmcork wrote: »
    ok so I'm not a regular on this forum, but I've a bit of travelling to do the Tuesday before Christmas - can anyone tell me briefly how's the weather going to be the week after next (Monday and Tuesday)..........many thanks!

forget travelling, the greenland express is coming. ;)

• Advertisement

if thats the greenland express, all aboard, choo choo :D

Yas are all a bunch of alcos!....hahaha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement