Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christians Prove world is flat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

It's a satirical site.
    Though sometimes it's hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No its a satirical website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

have they proved the existence of the turtle though?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

have they proved the existence of the turtle though?
    Just the elephants at this time.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Oh look its this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well it looks like Science has faltered once more against overwelming religous evidence. Thought I'd throw in that Rev Lovejoy reference:D

Anyway yeah, there people are stupid end of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I fell off the edge once. Bounced from turtle to turtle all the way down. In fact I am more bemused how someone could miss the glaringly obvious satire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page

After seeing that website it took me a long time to realize that Landoverbaptist.net was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

this is about the third thread this week about landoverbaptist. Yes, it is satirical, not funny, but satirical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, what's with the landoverbaptist stuff lately? That site has been knocking around for years and it's satirical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

If its satirical it had me fooled..:oit also seems to have a lot of the posters on the forum fooled. Maybe it is so satire-ridden that its done an amusing 180 and ended up as haven of the ignorant / enlightened!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Even if the site was genuine, the thread title suggests all Christians believe the world is flat.

I think the thread title should be changed to "Boards poster proves satire is beyond some people".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That site has been on the go for years.

Good to see it's still fooling people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

prinz wrote: »
    I think the thread title should be changed to "Boards poster proves satire is beyond some people".

Luckily enough some people are not beyond satire. Yet.

http://twentymajor.net/wp-content/photos/orig_cowen1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

prinz wrote: »

I loled! :o But in defence I did say site amused me and went on to say;

"Hopefully some of the posters in that forum are posting satirically!?" and I still reckon a good deal of people on that forum are posting seriously and are being led up the path by some deep cover trolls!

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I still reckon a good deal of people on that forum are posting seriously and are being led up the path by some deep cover trolls!

Seriously, the trolling is not that deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

cypharius wrote: »
    http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page

After seeing that website it took me a long time to realize that Landoverbaptist.net was a joke.

quote from conservapedia:
    Atheists don't build hospitals, and typically self-absorbed Liberals donate far less to charity than Conservatives.
    lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Or another thread from a particularly enlightened individual..."Protect your family the Christian way! Get your daughter raped!"

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=54668

I can see how you would be fooled into thinking this was real. The satire is so subtle and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The first thread about them believing the world is flat is bad enough,but the second thread about women is horrendous, how can any sane individual actually believe that ****e?

• Advertisement
Advertisement