Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Gran Turismo 5 be released on the 360

• 09-12-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I've heard some reports that GT5 will be released on the 360 and others say it's PS3 only. Anyone know for definite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

GT has always been a playstation title, I don't see this changing, Forza is the xbox version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

No its published by Sony, it would be like Halo coming out on the Playstation (well at least when it was still a Bungie franchise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

colly10 wrote: »
    I've heard some reports that GT5 will be released on the 360 and others say it's PS3 only. Anyone know for definite?

Not a hope of it ever coming out for the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Polyphony Digital is also owned by Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

More importantly, why would ya want it! Between Forza 3, Forza 4 upcoming and NFS Shift and Hot Pursuit being well above the standard of the titles that preceeded them I think we'rer spoiled for choice, with GT5 only dominating on name alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I have heard less than inspiring reviews of GT5, just like the phat PS3 on launch date it's late, over priced and over hyped. I do like it on the PSP though. I've always found Forza to be at least as good as the G.T. series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only thing I'd want in GT5 which isn't available in other games, would be the Top Gear track, and even then, the novelty'd wear out fast.

I played it a week or two ago, and i have to admit i was less than inspirerd by the graphics, the cars do look really pretty in the menus, but the graphics are kinda muddy and blurry in race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

colly10 wrote: »

138846.gif

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    138846.gif
    LOL

Xluna wrote: »
    I have heard less than inspiring reviews of GT5, just like the phat PS3 on launch date it's late, over priced and over hyped. I do like it on the PSP though. I've always found Forza to be at least as good as the G.T. series.
    Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    I played it a week or two ago, and i have to admit i was less than inspirerd by the graphics, the cars do look really pretty in the menus, but the graphics are kinda muddy and blurry in race

I've been playing it since launch day and it's a great game. Cannot agree with muddy and blurry graphics but that's for the GT5 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    138846.gif

Oh My God.......I cant stop laughing at this <wipes away tears>

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nicole22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'd love to see it on the 360, but it will never happen of course. The game alone is a very good reason to own a PS3.

Its not as pretty as Forza 3 IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Its not as pretty as Forza 3 IMO

forza 3 looks great, but cmon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The only thing I'd want in GT5 which isn't available in other games, would be the Top Gear track.

I'm fairly sure this is available as an add on for many games on the pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

How do I download Xbox Live for the PS3?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Liamario wrote: »
    How do I download Xbox Live for the PS3?:confused:

you have to have the playstation kinect and a copy of Halo 2 for the Wii..

Then an option will pop up and you just press A on your keyboard.

EDIT: you also have to overclock to 324.60 GHz. (warning, may cause overheating)

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    you have to have the playstation kinect and a copy of Halo 2 for the Wii..

Then an option will pop up and you just press A on your keyboard.

EDIT: you also have to overclock to 324.60 GHz. (warning, may cause overheating)
    hahaha awesome :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Don't forget to wrap it up in a damp towel to stop the overheating though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The game alone is a very good reason to own a PS3.

I wouldn't buy a PS3 just for GT5, Forza 3 is a much better game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The only thing I'd want in GT5 which isn't available in other games, would be the Top Gear track, and even then, the novelty'd wear out fast.

forza 4 not meant to have that too? its so far away though. the wait is killing me after seeing the teaser :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

forza 4 not meant to have that too? its so far away though. the wait is killing me after seeing the teaser :(

Didn't it show the Top Gear logo at the end of the Forza teaser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Think they're having some kind of partnership with Top Gear US.

Didn't it show the Top Gear logo at the end of the Forza teaser?

it does :)

http://bcove.me/ao0edidq

amacachi wrote: »
    Think they're having some kind of partnership with Top Gear US.

The Top Gear track on the US version is vastly different to the BBC version.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Top Gear track on the US version is vastly different to the BBC version.

meh i cant stop myself from thinking of seeing a glimpse of the top gear UK track in the teaser. or maybe its similarity between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Considering gt5 was supposed to be a release game for the ps3 back in 2007 and it was finally brought out 3 years later i was very disappointed with it. Not saying its a bad game , i was probably expecting more , it has some nice features , good crack racing vw vans on the top gear track .

I wouldnt buy the ps3 just for this game , considering forza 3 will do the trick and forza 4 is coming out.

Advertisement