Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - December 10th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

rodberg007 wrote: »
    A LOT MORE SENSE THAN OUR CLOWNS IN GOVERNMENT

Not very hard though in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Brown is still an MP.

I bet he actually attends, but I don't know if he can match Bertie, and attend 100 times exactly in 59 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I love this thread every week.. I also love Ryan and think he does a great job.. so not everyone on here is on the thread to complain about Ryan. Each to their own opinion I say! :D

I loved this thread too, but lately it has turned into a rant, and its not half as funny as it used to be! It gets boring and tedious to see the same sort of comments over and over again, every week.
    I used to laugh out loud at some of the comments here about the guests, but there arent so many of those lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Yes...Yes..interruption..sure..yes..yes.yes.sure..another interruption..yes..sure..another interruption..interruption..etc.
    DLB's recipe for an 'incisive' political interview.
    And why does he seem to treating him in a condescending manner? Does he think he isn't in the same class as his buddy Tony and himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Nail on the head. Tubridy's major flaw is he can't roll with the punches. No flow in the man, nothing natural about him.

Thanks. I actually meant to say that he doesn't listen to the answer to the question that he has just asked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Springsteenfan

Well it quickly became Robbie's dream after his last couple of albums flopped.

That is actually a tabloid myth the public lap up. Ironically it is TT that have benefited on an international level to Robbie rejoining. For example their last album got to #68 in Denmark and this one was #4 - in Italy their last was #58 and this one was #3. This pattern is repeated throughout Europe and it is their first European #1 album overall on the Euro Billboard Chart. They are also playing massive stadiums in those very countries where their last album bombed. It is quite clearly all down to Robbie who is the biggest selling music act of the century in Europe. And in terms of last albums flopping - facts will indicate that ovewrall globally his last album (09) outsold TT 08 album by quite a large amount. The world begins and ends with the UK and Ireland according to our tabloids but there is a reason Robbie is worth €150M quid and the others are only worst 9 or 10 - and it's about a global audience. Afterall he has sold about 40M more albums than TT. There is quite literally no comparson on an overall basis even when Robbie's career after it's peak is compared with TT's at their peak.

As for Gary writing - a talented writer no doubt but on the Flood he wrote the music - Robbie wrote the lyrics and melody. Gary said so himself.

The interview was crap as usual with Tubs. Was it just me or was the same question asked in about 10 different ways over about 20 mintues - ie. contrasting the past with the present. And the Irish connect was Joe Dolan.:eek: Bet Tubs was thrilled to discover that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

We're a great country.

UP IRELAND!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Gordon Brown, sound, unpretentious meet Ryan "Dainty" Tubridy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Your man must be on that caveman diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Preface: I've had a bottle and a half of red wine....

This could be Tubridy's best interview of this season... guest was very comfortable, asked tough questions, interesting interview... (which I wasnt expecting with Gordon Brown)... aside from aligning FF with labour on the "international crisis" thing..

Taxi for JonAnon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Irish Volunteer Of The Year... ????? Was she in the GPO or Boland's Mills??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I was just watching the Tailor of Panama, flick back here because you're all talking about Gordon Brown and my god he has changed - he didn't use wear glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Ray Foley wrote: »
    What is the size of Tubbers' Sclong?
    Thick and sweet, very long.
    Tubbers licked Aoibhinn's Rosebud,
    And inserted himself as far as he could.

Ah there's no call for this type of smut.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Your man must be on that caveman diet.

fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

What is the size of Tubbers' Sclong?
    Thick and sweet, very long.
    Tubbers licked Aoibhinn's Rosebud,
    And inserted himself as far as he could.

:confused::eek::mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Ally Dick wrote: »
    DLB is so poor because he doesn't listen to the question he has just asked. He is all locked and loaded and ready to ask the next question. A bit like starchy Pat Kenny's style

Yeah he just rattles out the questions machine-gun style without waiting for the answer, frustrating to watch.

OMG it's the weekly cancer story. Well done Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Her husband likes his food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

This could be Tubridy's best interview of this season... guest was very comfortable, asked tough questions, interesting interview... (which I wasnt expecting with Gordon Brown)... aside from aligning FF with labour on the "international crisis" thing..
    are you ok i thought your loved tubs so much like me LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Tucker Max

ascanbe wrote: »
    Yes...Yes..interruption..sure..yes..yes.yes.sure..another interruption..yes..sure..another interruption..interruption..etc.
    DLB's recipe for an 'incisive' political interview.
    And why does he seem to treating him in a condescending manner? Does he think he isn't in the same class as his buddy Tony and himself.

I think hes been watching Larry King on CNN and taking notes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

Look at the miserable cun.t behing her. Old bag

Look at Johnny 5 bellies beside her!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Im getting the stench of a troll around here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Look at the miserable cun.t behing her. Old bag

Hey that's my auntie!!!

Tubs reminds me of the uncool kid in the class who always dressed and behaved 20 years older than everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Thanks. I actually meant to say that he doesn't listen to the answer to the question that he has just asked

Yes, yes, i got that.

He doesn't listen, so if the original answer touches upon the next question, he doesn't adapt to that, he just ploughs ahead with his pre-written question.

Granted, that criticism might not apply to his interview with Brown, i'm just thinking of his interviewing style in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

He "loves" meeting people like her. You don't say.rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Taxi for JonAnon

God wait til I wake up tomorrow and read that post.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thought it went smoothly myself. Brown suites Tubs 'Style' very well. Tubs sees himself as a bit of an intellect so Brown is right up his alley. Now put somebody unpredictable that will stray from the 'script' in front of him and we see the real sh1te we see week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

That is actually a tabloid myth the public lap up. Ironically it is TT that have benefited on an international level to Robbie rejoining. For example their last album got to #68 in Denmark and this one was #4 - in Italy their last was #58 and this one was #3. This pattern is repeated throughout Europe and it is their first European #1 album overall on the Euro Billboard Chart. They are also playing massive stadiums in those very countries where their last album bombed. It is quite clearly all down to Robbie who is the biggest selling music act of the century in Europe. And in terms of last albums flopping - facts will indicate that ovewrall globally his last album (09) outsold TT 08 album by quite a large amount. The world begins and ends with the UK and Ireland according to our tabloids but there is a reason Robbie is worth €150M quid and the others are only worst 9 or 10 - and it's about a global audience. Afterall he has sold about 40M more albums than TT. There is quite literally no comparson on an overall basis even when Robbie's career after it's peak is compared with TT's at their peak.

As for Gary writing - a talented writer no doubt but on the Flood he wrote the music - Robbie wrote the lyrics and melody. Gary said so himself.

The interview was crap as usual with Tubs. Was it just me or was the same question asked in about 10 different ways over about 20 mintues - ie. contrasting the past with the present. And the Irish connect was Joe Dolan.:eek: Bet Tubs was thrilled to discover that.

You are wrong there I'm afraid, certainly regarding Gary Barlow

As for songwriting which it really is all about imo, Barlow wins hands down

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article6209768.ece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

hmmm wrote: »
    Tubs reminds me of the uncool kid in the class who always dressed and behaved 20 years older than everyone else.

That would mean that Tubs was in his 50's going to school.

Advertisement