Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - December 10th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Preface: I've had a bottle and a half of red wine....

This could be Tubridy's best interview of this season... guest was very comfortable, asked tough questions, interesting interview... (which I wasnt expecting with Gordon Brown)... aside from aligning FF with labour on the "international crisis" thing..

:eek:

Negged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Anyone enter the competition?

If anyone from here wins they have to mention this thread.....OR ELSE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Tubs sees himself as a bit of an intellect
    Do you think that formidable intellect has figured out what Dawkins was talking about yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wow anyone see that skoda add?,that's just outdone 2nyts show for entertainment...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Yes, yes, i got that.

He doesn't listen, so if the original answer touches upon the next question, he doesn't adapt to that, he just ploughs ahead with his pre-written question.

Granted, that criticism might not apply to his interview with Brown, i'm just thinking of his interviewing style in general.

He is trying to copy the quickfire style of his idols Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. It works in the US where you have limited time between ad breaks to get the interview done. Tubridy should study tapes of the master Gay Byrne. He was the best interviewer that this country every produced - charming, engaging, incisive, funny, a bit of an oul woman, but so what

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Tucker Max

Ray Foley wrote: »
    He ate more as she lost a kidney.

Yeah

She couldnt cook so he ordered loads of take out

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I swear ta god I'm not paranoid, but it's always someone from Cork or Dublin that wins the competition. I entered, come on trip to NEW YAAAWK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I hope to live long enough to see that day! Please let it happen.biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Now put somebody unpredictable that will stray from the 'script' in front of him and we see the real sh1te we see week in week out.

The ironic thing I think about Tubridy is, he had an advertisement before (which I think was for the LLS) saying .... "I love to take and interview and see where it goes" in a sort of let the guest hang themselves sort of way.... and then he takes his sacred cue cards out with him, which prevent ANYTHING spontaneous from happening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He is trying to copy the quickfire style of his idols Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. It works in the US where you have limited time between ad breaks to get the interview done. Tubridy should study tapes of the master Gay Byrne. He was the best interviewer that this country every produced - charming, engaging, incisive, funny, a bit of an oul woman, but so what

And one hell of a patronising, biased old devil.

I'd still have him as head and shoulders above any of the current crop, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I reckon Dara O'Briain (sp) could take this show in his stride. Never going to happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There's a lot of good stand up comedians in Ireland.

Tubridy could have some more on, let them do 10 minutes in the first part of the show.

All the american chat shows have plenty of stand ups, it would add a bit of variety to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

My missus insists on entering the LLS quiz every week. If we win this week I'm going to shave Tub's initials on me arse and post it up here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

wow anyone see that skoda add?,that's just outdone 2nyts show for entertainment...

Skoda and the LLS are like polar opposites.

Skoda was the butt of many a joke in the 1980s and 1990s. This was the time Gaybo ruled with the LLS.

Now Skoda is a popular and quality car brand.

The LLS is now, well, you know the rest....

Crowd go crazy except all the culchies have already gone to Ikea today. "Jaysus Michael we could have both stuff for the other child we have, whatsisname"

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I reckon Dara O'Briain (sp) could take this show in his stride. Never going to happen though.

He is my dad's second cousin. Honestly

SkidMark wrote: »
    There's a lot of good stand up comedians in Ireland.

Tubridy could have some more on, let them do 10 minutes in the first part of the show.

All the american chat shows have plenty of stand ups, it would add a bit of variety to the show.

Lol, and you're the best of the lot.

I know you were probably sitting while typing that, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jesus :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Muted applause for Majella there.

Could we be in for a treat, viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Gay Byrne?! Are you serious??! My god, talk about wanting to drag the show back into the 1950's!! :eek:

That man gives me a pain in my rear, full of his own self importance, like the pope of RTE or something!
    Ryan is trying to bring the show into this century and make it appeal to younger generation, and is doing a damn fine job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Ray Foley wrote: »
    Tubs should have put this on the toy show.

A sh1te maker!

You broke my browser :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

telekon wrote: »
    Skoda and the LLS are like polar opposites.

Skoda was the butt of many a joke in the 1980s and 1990s. This was the time Gaybo ruled with the LLS.

Now Skoda is a popular and quality car brand.

The LLS is now, well, you know the rest....

in english please....

Majella, go back out of town on the horse that you rode in on. Oh sorry, you ARE the horse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Nooooo Majella.

White trousers in December is a big no no.

You should have asked Daniel for advice. He would have known this for sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

She was ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

so she married him for the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Cutting edge stuff, there.

He is my dad's second cousin. Honestly

Try to find out if he would ever be interested and report back. I suspect not.

Gosh, I'm sure she's soon to appear on Jools Holland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

xi wrote: »
    You broke my browser :mad:

He broke my internet :(

Advertisement