Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you report a pm, where does it go?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Dear folks
    If you click on the "Report Private Message" button when reading a pm, where does the subsequent report actually go? Is it possible to follow it up?

I ask cos I have searched on here, and in Feedback and didn't really find any answer. I thought it might go into my "Sent" pm's folder but it didn't. I'm now worried that the report went nowhere as I have no copy etc.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

AFAIK (and I'm open to correction on this) Reported PMs go to the Admins who usually deal with the matter fairly promptly.

They will take whatever action is necessary, but I'm not sure that they will necessarily tell you what they did about it.

I defer to the higher authorities however.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's exactly as OisinT has described it. We have a separate Reported PMs sub-forum where all the reports go and are subsequently dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Many thanks
    I subsequently reported in the adverts support forum just now as I was not sure that my earlier report was sent. Apologies for duplication.

Advertisement