Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow Luas - Baggot Street

Options
  • 09-12-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me. I've a job interview in Baggot Street next Thursday. I'm going to drive up (I'm not from Dublin) and leave the car at the Luas park and ride Red Cow. Can anybody tell me which stop to get off at if I want to get the Luas into Baggot Street, I'm totally clueless when it comes to finding my way around Dublin.

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Someone else may pop in and correct me. I would take the LUAS to Abbey Street, go to O'Connell Street and I think the 37, 38 & 39 go to Baggot Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

fontanalis wrote: »
    Someone else may pop in and correct me. I would take the LUAS to Abbey Street, go to O'Connell Street and I think the 37, 38 & 39 go to Baggot Street.
    Baggot Street is pretty long, could be a hike from Abbey St. if the interview is down by the canal!

Fontanalis has it spot on.

Another alternative is to join the M50 southbound at the Red Cow, go to Sandyford Industrial Estate and take the Luas Green line to Stephen's Green and it's a straight walk down from there to Baggot St.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'll be ostrocised for suggesting this no doubt, but If it was me, and given that job interviews only tend to take an hour or so, I'd say drive all the way. Bitta comfort, just leave some extra time. When you factor in all the walking from Abbey Street etc or buses it's probably quicker too.

Coming from the M50, go to Junction 7 N4, follow the N4 all the way in (all dual carriageway) to Heuston Station, cross the bridge and all the way down the quays to Samuel Beckett bridge, and hang a right.

Baggot Street is only another few streets away at that point but do consult Google Maps as to what route to take depending where on the street the Interview is, plenty of on-street parking on Baggot street too, just pay at the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Baggot St Upper or Lower? For public transport luas to Abbey St and a bus from O'Connell St is the best way unless it's Baggot St near Stephens Green in which case the 145 bus from Heuston is an option.

Depending on the time of the interview and how comfortable you are driving through town that's an option too but don't do it if you'll be flustered or panicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Oh of course, I'd add to my previous post if it's gonna affect your ceoncentration or fluster you as said above, then don't drive. It's a simple enough route to do it I reckon, but everyone to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

fontanalis wrote: »

The problem is that they all come from different places and dont all stop in the same areas.

Only the 38 stops on O'Connell street itself.

You best bet is to get the luas to abbey street as suggested and make for O'Connell Bridge. There's a bus stop on O'Connell bridge on the side where traffic is heading southbound from O'Connell St which you should be able to get at least one of these buses from. There is also a stop at the wall of trinity college near the screen cinema where some of these buses stop too

Advertisement