Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband

Options
  • 09-12-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have really slow internet these past few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

whats your provider?

my wimax has been grand and haven't heard any complaints from friends using SMART

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

danniemcq wrote: »
    whats your provider?

my wimax has been grand and haven't heard any complaints from friends using SMART
    Im with eircom. Maybe its just in my area cause a few mates who are with different providers are saying the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'm with 3 and our internet connection has been awful these last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

smart is going fast for me.

Wasn't €ircom having problems with their lines last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Im with Eircom and I have no problem.

• Advertisement

I think it must be a problem around the Gweedore area.

Im with eircom.

well thats probably part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Everythings grand with Irish Broadband, G-mail and that going fine, U-tube is very slow this last week or so but I might need defraggled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A lot of people stuck in the house because of the bad weather, nothing to do but sit on the net.
    I'm with o2 and mine has been slow this last week, but its normally good.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

I have noticed the same here in Annagry, slow speeds etc and
    am on the Eircom 3mb broadband package.

1064168171.png

29845816.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

sup_dude wrote: »
    I'm with 3 and our internet connection has been awful these last few days!

I didnt know 3 provided fast broadband, i decided to try one of their dongle things, took me 40 mins to stream a 50 second video on youtube.
    danniemcq wrote:
    I love to get wimax in Buncrana!

wimax, commin across the nation,
    !magine wimax the new sensation,
    wimax next generation,
    faster better cheaper,
    no line rental fee,
    for more information see imagine.ie.

DAMMIT that song is gonna be in my head all day now! :pac:

Fracture wrote: »
    I didnt know 3 provided fast broadband, i decided to try one of their dongle things, took me 40 mins to stream a 50 second video on youtube.

I love to get wimax in Buncrana!

wimax, commin across the nation,
    !magine wimax the new sensation,
    wimax next generation,
    faster better cheaper,
    no line rental fee,
    for more information see imagine.ie.

DAMMIT that song is gonna be in my head all day now! :pac:

if you sing it down the phone to them they give you €2.50 off your monthly plan =)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

One of my friends did that and he was given a month free.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I'm with Eircom on the 7mb package. I had no broadband for a few days and phoned Tech support. They were convinced it was my modem so sent me a new one (and tied me up for 12 months) even though i'd told them engineers were working outside my house and i thought it had something to do with that.

Got the green WIFI and DSL lights back after talking to the engineers but still no broadband (red light). New modem arrived and after being on an hour to Tech Support i eventually got Broadband back.

A few days later i ran some speed checks as it was going slow and I got the same results as above poster. Phoned Tech Support, turned out the engineers had connected my 7mb to a neighbour and gave me the neighbours 3mb.

Problem sorted, or so i thought. Now back on 7mb but averaging a download speed between 1mb and 2 mb even at 1am. They'll trot out the story of volume on the line, but if i'm paying for 7mb i want at least more than the lower 3mb package!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm with 3 on a 7mb package, its been unusually stable and fast recently if anything

1066293087.png

Only half what I should be getting but 3.6mbps is perfectly adequate for what I use it for

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm with Eircom on the 7mb package. I had no broadband for a few days and phoned Tech support. They were convinced it was my modem so sent me a new one (and tied me up for 12 months) even though i'd told them engineers were working outside my house and i thought it had something to do with that.

Got the green WIFI and DSL lights back after talking to the engineers but still no broadband (red light). New modem arrived and after being on an hour to Tech Support i eventually got Broadband back.

A few days later i ran some speed checks as it was going slow and I got the same results as above poster. Phoned Tech Support, turned out the engineers had connected my 7mb to a neighbour and gave me the neighbours 3mb.

Problem sorted, or so i thought. Now back on 7mb but averaging a download speed between 1mb and 2 mb even at 1am. They'll trot out the story of volume on the line, but if i'm paying for 7mb i want at least more than the lower 3mb package!
    If its any help Eircom have now gone live on Boards.ie with their own "talk to" forum.

It may be worth raising the issues there as Im sure they will not want the likes of the above posted in the public domain.

Broadband still slow as **** for the fifth day. Im on the 3mb package and getting blistering fast speeds of 0.5mb.

muffler wrote: »
    If its any help Eircom have now gone live on Boards.ie with their own "talk to" forum.

It may be worth raising the issues there as Im sure they will not want the likes of the above posted in the public domain.

Oh god!

Advertisement