Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going on meteor bill pay, how to save money

Options
  • 09-12-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

im on PAYG with meteor at the moment, but want to get a new phone, and im spending enough a month on credit to justify a contract.

ive got a voucher code for the 18 ( :( ) month smart (€50) plan thats on boards at the moment, where you can get €25 discount. ive also got a voucher code meteor texted me which offers 30 euro off a "3G or smart phone" upgrade. can these vouchers be used together, to get a cheaper bill phone? there is also an online discount if you sign up onine, (pay €40 instead of €50, and get free meteor-meteor calls and texts) can i use all these things together to get a cheaper contract? (40-25=15Euro per month?)

also, ive alot of credit on my phone, so i figured porting to another network and back again to avail of the dicount wont be worth it if i lose my credit in the process? meteor said that if i stick to this number, the credit i already have on my phone will be credited onto my bill. my plan was then to top up €30 several times, and availing of the €15 free credit you get each time. basically paying 2 thirds of the price (if its @ €15pm bill)

i havent tallied all the figures together, but i figure i could save a large portion of money. tough times and all that. am i doing this the smart way, or am i just being stingy:o?

thoughts/advice?:o:o:confused:

if you got this far, thanks for reading the entire thing!

on a side note, meteor is only willing to give me €5 for my HTC HERO! theiving b*******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Kimosabe, what is this you mention about €25 quid off per month. Is this the "know someone in Meteor" thing?

Anyway to get it if I don't know someone working there?

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not a meteor offer it's an emobile offer. You get a more grown up experience with emobile. What that is, I just haven't figured out yet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

its the "friends and family" offer from meteor. i got my code from the emobile thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not a meteor offer it's an emobile offer. You get a more grown up experience with emobile. What that is, I just haven't figured out yet. :rolleyes:

It is a Meteor offer too. eMobile have a similar offer.

To answer the OP,

1) You will get the free Meteor calls and texts in store too

2) If you go from Meteor prepay to bill pay in store, your credit will come off your first bill

3) You cannot use the half price voucher online

4) That 30e off voucher is for prepay phones. You cannot use it against a postpaid phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

chrislad wrote: »
    1) You will get the free Meteor calls and texts in store too
    ah ok good
    2) If you go from Meteor prepay to bill pay in store, your credit will come off your first bill

just to clarify this point. lets say i have €150 credit before signing on, will i get 6 months (150/25pm = 6) on my contract paid for?
    3) You cannot use the half price voucher online
    thats a really pitty. a €15 contract would have been sweet.

thanks for the reply Chris.

• Advertisement
Advertisement