Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

• 09-12-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bought the halo edition xbox slim there 2 months ago, it was extremely loud playing games so i sent it back with the box and i got a new xbox without box yesterday.. I was very frustrated that they did not return me my box..

After all of that I now have the same issue.. I rang xbox and they said they could book it for repairs again and that theyre sorry (for like the 50th time).. So i rang GAME and got talking to one ignorant girl, i explained my issue and she just snapped and said theres nothing she can do..

I bought the console in GAME and i no longer have receipt but i did buy the console using my reward card.. What should I do in this case?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Do you mean the cardboard box it comes in?
    If so I don't think theres much can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

From what i remember from my time working in GAME i think they do accept proof of purchase from the GAME card.

I also think you would have been warned not to send it in the Xbox's original box (i know the call centre :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

kiddums wrote: »
    Do you mean the cardboard box it comes in?
    If so I don't think theres much can be done.

yes.. i was told to write a letter to them and then see would they send it..

Gooch - thats awesome cheers.. also this repair was never meant to take place my xbox was just taking while i was in school.. long story but its up on the RROD thread..

yes.. i was told to write a letter to them and then see would they send it..

Gooch - thats awesome cheers.. also this repair was never meant to take place my xbox was just taking while i was in school.. long story but its up on the RROD thread..
    Ok that sounds odd lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Did you try installing the game onto your harddrive? It will greatly reduce the noise of the disk spinning.

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Did you try installing the game onto your harddrive? It will greatly reduce the noise of the disk spinning.

tbh i shouldnt have to.. xbox told me this also.. it takes up too much space ..

On a 360 S youve a 250GB HD, no shortage of space!, but aside from that your right, it shouldnt be that noisy

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    On a 360 S youve a 250GB HD, no shortage of space!, but aside from that your right, it shouldnt be that noisy

i know but still its alot of hastle installing every game.. rang game dublin they gave customer support number and now i have transaction number as proof of purchase.. am i intitled to a cash refund considering the machine is faulty? also would i need the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

i know but still its alot of hastle installing every game.. rang game dublin they gave customer support number and now i have transaction number as proof of purchase.. am i intitled to a cash refund considering the machine is faulty? also would i need the box?

No offence intended, but you must be impatient!

The longest the average install takes is about 5-7 minutes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

So there's nothing actually wrong with your Xbox it's just that you don't like the noise that every xbox makes. There is a solution but you feel its not enough.

I think you should sell your Xbox and buy a PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dymo wrote: »
    I think you should sell your Xbox and buy a PS3

The Ps3 (Phat) model isnt the quietest beast in the world either, well mine aint anyway, think its louder than the slim...

Fieldog wrote: »
    No offence intended, but you must be impatient!

The longest the average install takes is about 5-7 minutes....

I knew someone would say that :P.. Yes but still you look at how many games you buy and installing them then your hard drive space just disappears..

Dymo - the slim xbox is suppose to be "whisper quiet" i dont want to have to hear the sounds of a plane going off if its suppose to be "whisper quiet".. I am aware maybe old xboxs where noisy (i think mines even more noisy than the launch model we use to have..

also already got a ps3

Advertisement