Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

potholes

• 09-12-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys notice more potholes after this spell of cold weather or is it just where i live :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hard for me to tell as still an awful lot of ice on road where i live. But any of the secondary roads i've been on where the ice has been cleared are lookin fairly bad. If this freeze's come's back next week i'd imagine the roads will be in tatters given the expansion and contraction they'll experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

maxfresh wrote: »
    Any of you guys notice more potholes after this spell of cold weather or is it just where i live :confused:

I'd say the bad weather would probably have an effect on the roads alright. Can't say I've noticed it around where I live though but I know we're lucky in Dublin compared to a lot of places when it comes to potholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its taken lumps out of a lot of roads from what I can see. Some speed ramps look wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

The phoenix park is in bits at the moment..

homer90 wrote: »
    The phoenix park is in bits at the moment..

It wasn't great before the snow either. Going to be very poor now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Last year the roads were in absolute tatters after the snow. I think its something to do with ice weakening the tarmac or something, plus things like snow ploughs probably dont help.

I reackon certain roads this year are going to be nigh on undrivable because of potholes after the ice melts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BostonB wrote: »
    Some speed ramps look wrecked.

Not necessarily a bad thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Had the same thought this evening. As the ice abates here in North Kildare, the roads are in an awful state. Worse than last years carnage it would appear. Many roads here have only been poory patched up after last years mess so they've fallen apart.

Unfortunately the few I've seen have left behind metal work which probably won't be kind to your tyres.

What seems to happen is you get a rut in the ice/snow which everyone hits, which then starts to work on the tarmac below. Even now you can see potholes appearing at these spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 IvanW

Heroditas wrote: »
    Not necessarily a bad thing ;)

Yeah speed ramps in a lot of housin estates are starting to disintegrate after the bad ice. most shouldnt have been put down in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement