Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zelda - TP... Worth the big cash?

• 09-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So I have been playing around with the idea of spending a lot of money on Twilight Princess for the past few weeks and I though Iwould ask you guys what you think. Is it worth the price tag of between €40 to nearly €100 for a game for a past gen console.

Amazons price range and Ebay with stupidly high postage costs

I know I could get it for the Wii but I wanna play it with the gamecube controller.

Is it worth it or should I just forget about it? Whats your opinion it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It's an absolutely brilliant game, but those prices are crazy. If you could get it for around €20-30 go for it, but any more than that I'd say just stick with the wii version, the controls actually work really well.

I'm playing through it for the second time at the moment, I think it's my second favourite Zelda game, just behind Link to the Past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Cool but I really doubt I would ever find it anywhere for €20-30.
    I dont want to invest in a Wii at the moment since my tv is like 15" with sh!t sound, and i really like playing with my Wavebird on the Gamecube.

That damn ebay has the price up so high, it will never go down in price, unless they bring it out for the 4DS lol.

Anyone wanna sell me a copy for €30?

Also, I must play LttP, heard good things about it. I'll finish the Minish Cap which I'm enjoying at the moment and I'll save for TP while I play them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you don't already have a wii it's probably worth the €40-50 price, it's not all that old and you'll get as much, if not more out of it than you would any new release.

Good heavens man, you haven't played Link to the Past?? Stop posting here immediately and go play it now. It's easily one of the best games ever made. I envy you getting to discover its brilliance for the first time

If you don't already have a wii it's probably worth the €40-50 price, it's not all that old and you'll get as much, if not more out of it than you would any new release.

Good heavens man, you haven't played Link to the Past?? Stop posting here immediately and go play it now. It's easily one of the best games ever made. I envy you getting to discover its brilliance for the first time

Lol yeah I'm pretty much having my Zelda cherry burst at the moment. I finished PH there a while ago and I played Wind Waker a little bit a few years back, getting a copy of that again from a sound guy on here.
    Liking Minish Cap but finding it a little hard too which is good.

Theres so many games! Overwhelming really on which to play and give time too. Stupid work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Up to a hundred quid to play a game with a different controller that one could get for twenty Euro-the exact same game.:confused: The recession must be over.:pac:

EDIT: Opps just realised you don't have a Wii. Sorry OP. But for a hundred quid you could nearly get a second hand Wii and preowned TP. The Wii is not about graphics really so I personally wouldn't worry about not having a big HD t.v.

If you are down in Cork there is a retro game shop on the North main street. They sell Gamecube games. You might be lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're better off getting a Wii and TP. It might cost a bit more but you'll end up with a console which if you are into hunting down niche titles is actually far better than the CoD/Fifa crowd will tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Think I have the Gamecube version sitting gathering dust somewhere. Thought it was a big step down from the brilliant Wind Waker and didn't play it much.

It's yours if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Think I have the Gamecube version sitting gathering dust somewhere. Thought it was a big step down from the brilliant Wind Waker and didn't play it much.

I'm Interested in it if you have it availible as long as it isn't a crazy price.

I'll give first refusal to the OP.

Really!? I would be very interested!! :eek::D

Should I PM you or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

You should keep an eye on Adverts. There was at least 2 people selling it recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If there are to be deals with games and the like, please restrict them to the trading thread, adverts or, as here, do it via PM.
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ugh. I remember selling my GC collection over a year back when I was absolutely dirt broke and it had Twilight Princess in the collection. If I'd known it was going to be worth so much I would have hung onto it. Still, it was nice to be able to eat food and keep living in my flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But it's not ACTUALLY worth that much...

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, and if they are willing to pay mad money then **** it, sell sell sell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

One of the copies on Adverts went for €15. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought a copy of TP for the GC at the same time as I bought it for the Wii.
    I was getting it as a gift for a friend of mine who hadn't yet embraced the then new console.
    But as far as I know he never got around to playing it, so it's still sitting around, in his gaff....
    I wonder if he'll consider parting with it, trade for it, and I can then honour it with a place in my collection...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

TP was almost valuable from the day of release as everyone was buying it for we Wii so it created the illusion that it was rare for the GC.

I would say it's a one of those cases where it's a totally inflated price due to popularity. It's not worth what it's selling for at all. I just had a look at ebay and it seems there were still a **** load of copies produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ugh. I remember selling my GC collection over a year back when I was absolutely dirt broke and it had Twilight Princess in the collection. If I'd known it was going to be worth so much I would have hung onto it. Still, it was nice to be able to eat food and keep living in my flat.

I bought a GC from you & a bunch of games didn't I? Don't think Tp was in there was it, or have you sold a few GC collections?

EnterNow wrote: »
    I bought a GC from you & a bunch of games didn't I? Don't think Tp was in there was it, or have you sold a few GC collections?

No, it wasn't in that Bundle EN - this was back in 2009...or maybe even the end of 08. The stuff I sold you was doubles and surplus I had come across after deciding to pick up a new GC collection. Oh the madness of it all.

• Advertisement

No, it wasn't in that Bundle EN - this was back in 2009...or maybe even the end of 08. The stuff I sold you was doubles and surplus I had come across after deciding to pick up a new GC collection. Oh the madness of it all.

I have big plans for that cube, some day...soon :D

I shall not be getting that copy of TP off chopperbyrne, ah well, I dont need it at the moment now as I just got a copy of Wind Waker with OoT in it too for like €10. Great stuff, I'm happy with that!
    I'll get TP next year or something. Yeah I also always wondered why TP costs so much now when Ninty would have made loads of copys for the GC and Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I shall not be getting that copy of TP off chopperbyrne, ah well, I dont need it at the moment now as I just got a copy of Wind Waker with OoT in it too for like €10. Great stuff, I'm happy with that!
    I'll get TP next year or something. Yeah I also always wondered why TP costs so much now when Ninty would have made loads of copys for the GC and Wii.

Is Chopperbyrne still selling it,i'm interested in TP on the Cube but won't spend a bomb on it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is Chopperbyrne still selling it,i'm interested in TP on the Cube but won't spend a bomb on it.

No he is not selling it anymore, he thought he had a copy but remembered he gave it to someone else a year ago. Ah well.

No he is not selling it anymore, he thought he had a copy but remembered he gave it to someone else a year ago. Ah well.

As in...

"I brought the travel scrabble AND the normal scrabble Ted. The travel scrabble for when we were travelling, & the normal scrabble for when we arrived."

"Really!? Great!.....so, where are they?"

"Actually, I didn't bring either of them"

:(

I feel bad for getting someones hopes up.

Lol ah man dont worry about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone got a copy of TP on the wii for sale and if so how much?

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone got a copy of TP on the wii for sale and if so how much?

There is one on Adverts.ie for 15 Eurodollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

There is one on Adverts.ie for 15 Eurodollars.

Linky please

ive seen 1 for 30 cant find 1 for 15 :confused:

Advertisement