Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX trouble

• 09-12-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hey, so a week ago I was playing a game and my screen was covered in flashing black dots. This only occured in say actual gameplay, not in menus or on the dashboard. So I turn my xbox off, turn it back on, and low and behold - red light. One red light in the bottom right corner.....or bottom left if your standing it up. A message appeared saying contact customer support, error 74. So I went online to find the support number and after the page took a month and a half to load, I was given two no. to ring. I rang the first - out of service. Rang the second - out of service. So I resorted to a request a repair online option and when I tried to register my xbox - postcode invalid. So basically I can't request a repair via telephone or online. What should I do? Waste another 200 bills to buy a new xbox?!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Put in eire as the postcode thats what I did and I got mine back yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Nope
    I've tried D18,D 18,Dublin 18, Dublin18, Eire,eire,0000 and a bunch of random numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Try BT11AA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

000000 works(6 Zeros), register first with Xbox live then request the repair. For some reason it doesn't work if you just request a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Yup that works, cheers dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement