Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Transport

• 09-12-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

Why is it so fricken expensive!?

Right so last weekend I was on my way home from Donegal which I paid €29.50 for a return ticket to Dublin on a bus and then I paid €22! for a single ticket on a bus from the airport to Carlow.

I'm absolutely enraged that I'm just after paying €32.50 for a one way train ticket from Sligo to Dublin Connolly, a student single on the same train line is almost a tenner in the difference! How come "adult" tickets are so expensive, its not fair !:mad:

Has anyone else found this annoying ?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Could always just get a bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

40040D wrote: »

Nope, it's your money to do with it as you please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Why is it so fricken expensive!?

Right so last weekend I was on my way home from Donegal which I paid €29.50 for a return ticket to Dublin on a bus and then I paid €22! for a single ticket on a bus from the airport to Carlow.

I'm absolutely enraged that I'm just after paying €32.50 for a one way train ticket from Sligo to Dublin Connolly, a student single on the same train line is almost a tenner in the difference! How come "adult" tickets are so expensive, its not fair !:mad:

alot of students cant work
    all adults can
    unless they are disabled
    then they dont pay
    seems fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hijacking is the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

alot of students cant work
    all adults can
    unless they are disabled
    then they dont pay
    seems fair

The public transport haiku. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

jester77 wrote: »
    Could always just get a bike!
    To cycle to Donegal! ha, I'd either be fit as a fiddle or dead !
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Nope, it's your money to do with it as you please.

Well when you have to get from one end of the country to the other for work or whatever, education etc. its a bit of a pain, Especially when some of us can't afford a car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Well when you have to get from one end of the country to the other for work or whatever, education etc. its a bit of a pain, Especially when some of us can't afford a car!

Were you making all those trips for work or education?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

4 buses a day on my comunte (if i was getting the bus every day) would cost me €6.4 and the weekly train ticket would cost €60. that's €92 a week or €368 a month (ok, monthly train ticket would reduce that to €272) just to get to work. now i'm on a decent salary - but why would someone on the dole take a reasonably well paid job (30k a year or whatever) with that commute.

it is too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

4 buses a day on my comunte (if i was getting the bus every day) would cost me €6.4 and the weekly train ticket would cost €60. that's €92 a week or €368 a month (ok, monthly train ticket would reduce that to €272) just to get to work. now i'm on a decent salary - but why would someone on the dole take a reasonably well paid job (30k a year or whatever) with that commute.

it is too expensive.

Why would you commute like that? Besides the money, look at the amount of time it takes.

I've never lived more than 20 mins away from work (door to sitting at my desk) and never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

TheZohan wrote: »
    Were you making all those trips for work or education?

I'm in college in Donegal:o during the week and I work some weekends in Carlow/Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

might be time to invest in private transport and buy a motor vehicle! :)

Advertisement