Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Thanks for all the posts on it, made my mind up, il give it a go! Il be a superman fanboy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

You won't regret it ;)

I can only praise this game, it's like nothing I've ever played before! I'm tempted to compare it to Kingdom Hearts for some reason. Had my first instance in Area 51 there with 3 randomers, My role is too good as a flying archer, chipping away at enemy health while they can't do anything!

I fookin LOVE this MMO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Area 51 was really good I thought. But I f*cking hated the second one (the monkey one). It took ages to wear down the main villain (it's a lvl 12 mission and my lvl 16 hero was doing next to no damage) and all of a sudden it reset, playing the intro movie again. Took about an hour to finally kill him.

It's the only bug I've found and I'm loving everything else about it. I just hate those f*cking monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I like punching them in their silly simian mugs. ultra humanite can be a pain, your attacks seem to do f*** all damage to him, plus the constant spawning troops and engineers that fix the turrets that heal him.

Moon Base (3rd Alert) is FFFFFUUUUUUU inducing, ya face about 3 or 4 groups of these big guys that do constant AoE and Knockback attacks, and theres usually 5 in a group so its a swarm of AoE moving amongst ya. Went from full to 1/4 health in 2 seconds from them. Add to that the difficulty (nay impossibility) of seperating groups of enemies makes it aggravating.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I like punching them in their silly simian mugs. ultra humanite can be a pain, your attacks seem to do f*** all damage to him, plus the constant spawning troops and engineers that fix the turrets that heal him.

Moon Base (3rd Alert) is FFFFFUUUUUUU inducing, ya face about 3 or 4 groups of these big guys that do constant AoE and Knockback attacks, and theres usually 5 in a group so its a swarm of AoE moving amongst ya. Went from full to 1/4 health in 2 seconds from them. Add to that the difficulty (nay impossibility) of seperating groups of enemies makes it aggravating.
    Hmmm, might give that a miss until I reach the level cap. Then I'll go back and make those b*stards pay!!!

• Advertisement

Well after only discovering this game was out yesterday (dunno how i missed that one!) andhaving read this thread i went out tonight to Game in Dundrum and traded in old games and it covered the cost. its installing now on PS3, but taking forever, 15% so far! Really looking forward to learning this type of game, im more used to Fallout and Call of Duty type games, but this looks really promising.

Hopefully more people read this thread and go out and give it a go if they can trade in or spare the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

add caspa307 and ill add ya online when your set up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Servers down yet again (PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Anyone on PS3 then ad my on the PvE server, my char name is just Terumi and send me a mail or a pm here :)

caspa307 wrote: »
    add caspa307 and ill add ya online when your set up

Cheers il add you later on PS3, and anybody else.
    Im impressed with the graphics, the city is huge to explore. Im getting my ass kicked though haha, i havent a clue of what im doing yet in it, will take some time i bet! Glad i bought it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭Quandary

Loving this game so far - anyone who likes superheroes and likes mmo's should really give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Any of you guys having issues with DC? I'm getting it quite a bit plus in game lag. I thought it was my ISP but at 3 in the morning it shouldn't be so apparent like.

Also, if you want to add me my psn is paddyshea.

Game has been quite good so far with the exception of teething problems.

Mine freezes and it is annoying me! great game otherwise,

Can somebody tell me if i play as a Hero on a PVe server, i thinkits called for all seasons, can i find the night clubs where the vilans hang out to do a fly by and smash some up? Im not sure what way that works!

I dont think you can get into the villain's nightclubs. Toogle your PvP settings to on by pressing up and selecting it. The you'll se which villains are floating about. I'm on the Justice For All server and I'm finding feck all heroes about the place.

Anyone on the justice for all server? I'm a villain if anyone wants to group up for bounties, etc.

Cheers, i wasnt looking to enter a night club, just go toone and pick on villans outside it haha.

if i turn pvp on, what colour will villans be, red im assuming? i have purple dots on mine but not sure who they are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Purple are Villains that dont have PvP flagged, they turn red when they do.

best places are mainly mission points but you'll prob get a bit of grief from the RPers. The purple dots are heroes with their PvP setting off. With their PvP on it's red like you said. There're usually guys looking for fights at Star Labs. There's a defeat a hero mission on there so it's a good bet. Be careful though, they'll usually have a lvl 30 peep hanging by to back them up which is a bitch.

I'm on level 18 at the mo and finding it tough to find a proper fight without getting raped by a bunch of big level peeps.

Cheers for both posts, yea i have read other sites about higher levels picking on the low level heros. ah well il give it a bash, i have flown all over the city looking for their night clubs so il cause some panic at miossion spots. Hardly any pruple dots around, must be mostly heros on this server!

I chose the Justice for All and it's fairly dead PvP wise. Mostly villains from what I've seen, a lot of folks have moved on to the PvP servers but that's usually the case at the beginning.

an existing character cant change server can it? im only new to this type of game, Fallout is my only experience at something remotely similar lol

• Advertisement

nah, you'll have to create a new character for another server afaik. kinda sucks but sure c'est la vie

no worries, hopefully game gets more popular, my server seems kinda empty haha

Just started playing this and i am really enjoying it. The servers are not packed by any means, but its the most fun i have ever had on an MMO. Character creation is a little limited though, i wish you could do more there.

It's a great game for just bumbling about to kill an hour or two. Hopefully they'll release a few updates with extra creation content.

Yeah i have been jacking hero's coming out of the police station :) I also kicked a guy off the roof of Wayne Enterprises . What was funny was , it took him ages to climb it. He got to the top and walked to the edge to look out over the city. I zip lined up and kicked him in the back :) Fun Fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kinda resurrecting this topic. I've had this since it came out, but have yet to play it. Are many/any of ye still playing? I want to give it a go, I just don't want to be lonely!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Mr. K wrote: »
    Kinda resurrecting this topic. I've had this since it came out, but have yet to play it. Are many/any of ye still playing? I want to give it a go, I just don't want to be lonely!

get a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i play every now and again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HowyeLads

I didn't even keep playing for my whole 30days of free time,it just didn't really keep me interested.Worst bit of impulse buying I ever did :P Not that I think it's a bad game or anything,I'd more then likely play it a bit if it was free but I don't feel it's worth subscribing to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, I'd going to have to time it so I get the maximum play time out of my month's subscription...seems unlikely I'll be playing with any Boardsies though!

Advertisement