Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next gen bb

Options
  • 09-12-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Guys,

After being migrated to next gen broadband i have recieved a large usage charge on my bill. I was never informed of this 30gb cap which now makes my broadband service useless to my needs.

Also is the netopia 2247 adsl 2 compatible becuse since the switch im only getting 3.2mb/s download on average since the switch.

I will try a firmware upgrade on the netopia to see if that is the issue if not i will have to switch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

After being migrated to next gen broadband i have recieved a large usage charge on my bill. I was never informed of this 30gb cap which now makes my broadband service useless to my needs.

Also is the netopia 2247 adsl 2 compatible becuse since the switch im only getting 3.2mb/s download on average since the switch.

I will try a firmware upgrade on the netopia to see if that is the issue if not i will have to switch

Hi eoin_mulhern,

If you can private message me with your eircom telephone number or account number I can check your connection and speed for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi Guys,

It always had a cap. It was just never enforced until recently.

The 2247 is adsl2+ compatible. It's possible that you are on a speed profile too high for your line after the switch. What are your line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

hi,

So the firmware upgrade solved nothing, I dont think it is an issue with the line last time i checked it could handle just under 12.5 before the upgrade and i am connecting into exchange at the top of my road as far as i am aware lex21 i think is the exchange.

I have sent you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hi,

So the firmware upgrade solved nothing, I dont think it is an issue with the line last time i checked it could handle just under 12.5 before the upgrade and i am connecting into exchange at the top of my road as far as i am aware lex21 i think is the exchange.

I have sent you a pm.

Hi eoin,

I have your telephone number so I will look into your exchange and line to see if there is a possible network issue. I will get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement