Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No HDMI output from XFX ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Options
  • 09-12-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have installed an XFX ATI Radeon HD 5450 series but I cant get the HDMI output to work. I have VGA output from the card, but no joy with the HDMI. I cant get any output from the DVI output either. The HDMI is going to a Sharp HD TV while the DVI is going though a DVI-VGA converter to a regular monitor. The DVI->VGA converter is working because I have tested it through another PC which has a working DVI output.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

are you sure that the windows resolution is supported by your tv? and at that frequency? i.e. 1920x1080@usually 60Hz or 1280x768@60Hz

If it was me i would connect the VGA and DVI, boot up windows and viewing on the VGA see if it detects the TV in "Display properties", if it does then fiddle with the resolutions until it works or do it in Catalyst Control Centre.

Of course the HDMI connection could be broke on the card or you may have a bad HDMI cable

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lmimmfn wrote: »
    are you sure that the windows resolution is supported by your tv? and at that frequency? i.e. 1920x1080@usually 60Hz or 1280x768@60Hz

If it was me i would connect the VGA and DVI, boot up windows and viewing on the VGA see if it detects the TV in "Display properties", if it does then fiddle with the resolutions until it works or do it in Catalyst Control Centre.

Of course the HDMI connection could be broke on the card or you may have a bad HDMI cable
    and a bad DVI cable?

So you have a current catalyst driver? If so, I would call this one DOA, because it should really just be plug and play. Windows would immediately detect a new HDMI monitor and then ask you how you wanted to display onto it (Clone/Extend/Exclusive) HDMI is pretty smart too, it would have already set it to a supported resolution, so something else is going on.

Off the wall: but does the system have enough power? Try removing 1 of the ram modules to see if you can kick some life into the TV. Thats if installing the Catalyst Driver doesn't work - which would be culprit numero uno.

Advertisement