Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two men killed as stolen car skids off road

• 09-12-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I just read this:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/two-men-killed-as-stolen-car-skids-off-road-2454101.html

And I was thinking to myself that I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever to the people killed and in fact that the injured guy should have died too.
    I know that on a humane and moral level I should have a more caring feeling, but these guys just made people lives a living hell and worse in some cases.

The world is a better place without them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

result.

(my sympathies to the car owner :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

suffered a fairly gruesome death too I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The family will probably blame the garda who followed the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I don't like to see people killed per se, and I do believe 'For Whom the bell Tolls', but FVCK 'EM right to hell.

Some people are deserving of very little sympathy, this is one such case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Is the car ok?
    Any chance of sending it back for another few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Typical men drivers, etc.

I think It's a little unnerving that people are gloating in the death of car thieves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Poor car:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

WindSock wrote: »

I think It's a little unnerving that people are gloating in the death of car thieves though.

Why?

One guy had 28 convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

They weren't just car thieves though. "A firearm was recovered from the scene", and rumour had it they weren't on their way to sing christmas carols!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

two less scummers in the world, result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

mate of mine was one of the first on the scene, he spent the next 24hrs getting sick at what he saw.
    the guy who is still alive had a branch of a tree literally going through his head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Remember they could have collided with an innocent family and totalled them as well.
    I think I'll spare any sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Such a shame and a waste,

they could have squeezed another two or three scumbags in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You can bet that had it been the other way round and the drivers had accidentally killed someone or knocked them off the road while speeding the only thing they'd regret would be that they hadn't caught it on their phone.

Car thieves and Joyriders are scum and the world is better off without them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

whats the point in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Nevermind_ wrote: »
    mate of mine was one of the first on the scene, he spent the next 24hrs getting sick at what he saw.
    the guy who is still alive had a branch of a tree literally going through his head

I hope he turns over a new leaf after this

Clearly not a 2010 BMW, bloody Indo! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

maxxie wrote: »
    whats the point in this thread?

as much point as your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Self inflicted deaths.

I have no time for joyriding scum having a car of my own stolen and destroyed in the past..

May they rot in hell.

• Advertisement

Poly wrote: »
    I hope he turns over a new leaf after this

If he can see the wood through the tree's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

2010 Model? That looks like an E39 to me (95-03)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

woo-hoo!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I've sympathy for your friend, but not for wooden head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

exactly

what ever you think dont gloat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Eric Fitzgerald (23) and Cornelius Fitzharris (28) were pronounced dead at the scene, while Nolan was rushed to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital in Limerick

Cornelius :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

kerryman12 wrote: »
    exactly

what ever you think dont gloat

I won't hold it against anyone if they gloat when I die while running from the Gardaí in a stolen car. They'll be waiting a long time for oppurtunity, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

ntlbell wrote: »
    as much point as your post.

oohhh hard man :rolleyes: post after post of good one less scumbag!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Oh here we go, boards pathetic dweeby bedroom bound keyboard warriors salivating and **** their little peckers about a car accident. You are all so awesome guys. Especially Flutterin Bantam with his ker-azy crafted online persona which no doubt makes up for his pathetic, vacuous, lonely, hate-filled existence in the real, actual world.

Have fun twats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Was it a special branch? :p

Pity for your mate but not for the murdering scum.

Eric and Cornelius?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Christmas comes early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I won't hold it against anyone if they gloat when I die while running from the Gardaí in a stolen car. They'll be waiting a long time for oppurtunity, though

they were scumbags, i dont doubt it

they died in a car crash - happens everyday

My point is just dont gloat about it.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Oh here we go, boards pathetic dweeby bedroom bound keyboard warriors salivating and **** their little peckers about a car accident. You are all so awesome guys. Especially Flutterin Bantam with his ker-azy crafted online persona which no doubt makes up for his pathetic, vacuous, lonely, hate-filled existence in the real, actual world.

Have fun twats

Post of the day,beyond doubt.

Was it a special branch? :p

An Olive branch, FROM GOD.

FHACT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There were 3 people in that car and nothing yet to suggest all of them were "scumbags".

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Father-says-Limerick-road-crash.6654930.jp
    article wrote:
    "He was a very, quiet hardworking boy. He never left my side; never smoked or drank. I didn't even realise he was gone out. He's generally with me day and night and didn't go out as such. God takes the good ones always," he said.

Doesn't sound like much of a scumbag to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

No sympthy whats so ever for these guys.It was lucky they hit a tree rather than some poor innocent on there way home.
    And god knows what they had intended to do with all the gear they had in the car.

Only people I feel sorry for here is all the emergency crews who have to clean up the mess these idiots leave behind and to anybody that has to witness this kind of crap,Thats who I feel sorry for.

maxxie wrote: »
    oohhh hard man :rolleyes: post after post of good one less scumbag!!

Are you dyslexic?

DarkJager wrote: »
    There were 3 people in that car and nothing yet to suggest all of them were "scumbags".

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Father-says-Limerick-road-crash.6654930.jp

Maybe it was two librarians getting a lift home in a robbed car

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They might be scumbags - But they have families, who despite their flaws - probably love them to death and will miss them greatly.

Yes - We know, they shouldn't have been car-robbing scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mothers cry for their sons tonight.

This ain't cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement