Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser crashed while doing MCQ

Options
  • 09-12-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I was doing an online MCQ for Fluvial Geomorphology earlier on for 25% today when Firefox decided to be tempermental and crash 3 minutes in. Basically I've e mailed the lecturer saying what happened but still hasn't gotten back to me so do you think I'll be allowed re-do it??? 25% is an awful lot to lose even before going into an exam :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Did you try take it again?

I had an mcq on blackboard once where we only had an hour to complete it but it turned out you could attempt as many times as you wanted (27 times as it happens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

he definitly will! Did that MCQ today too and my friend had a similair problem and she was able to do it online straight away! He never replied to her email though, she had to go to his office!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Chet T16 wrote: »

I had an mcq on blackboard once where we only had an hour to complete it but it turned out you could attempt as many times as you wanted (27 times as it happens)

Nah says I've already done it
    Lou45 wrote: »
    he definitly will! Did that MCQ today too and my friend had a similair problem and she was able to do it online straight away! He never replied to her email though, she had to go to his office!

Still hasn't replied to my e-mail so I might try ringing him tomorrow, getting into UCD from my house is fairly tricky at the moment. I'm not sure would he like me dropping in unannounced either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Chet T16 wrote: »

Physics? ;)

Yep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Everything you look at, download or click on Blackboard can be tracked. Once your lecturer finds out, they will be able to see that you only answered a handful of questions (if that) so they will know that your story is true.

I find that hard to believe

Yet like the wind, you may not see it, but it exists.

Or does it?

It does.

Nah seriously it really does exist. I have seen the behind the scenes magic.

• Advertisement

Well then more fool them for giving me my final MCQ score instead of my first!

Some lecturers either don't know or care about the wider functionality of Blackboard. But they could track users if the wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I had a lecturer who used to give out to the class, saying most people hadn't read the readings etc. because he had tracked our usage on blackboard. I never really believed him, just thought he was using scare tactics. But he wasn't lying. huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I understood they could see how many times it had been accessed, our their file downloaded but not tracked to individual users?

No they can see users if they want. I know of one lecturer who used the data when giving out marks for participation throughout the year. Slightly underhand yes, but it did give her an idea of who was putting in more effort.

Just got an email reply there and I was able to re do it. It required a phonecall though. Alls well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just got an email reply there and I was able to re do it. It required a phonecall though. Alls well :D

Pass? :pac:

I only got 40%. Lucky! :o

Pass? :pac:

I only got 40%. Lucky! :o

Yep yep I passed :D.

Advertisement