Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto CAD 2008

Options
  • 09-12-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to get this program to work on Windows 7?

Im using this in college and im used to it so i want to stay working with 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Maybe irrelevant , but do you know its possible to change the toolbar in
    AutoCAD 2010/2011 into "classic view" mode which makes the menus appear in the old type format display.

Other than that you could install VMWare, install Vista/XP and then install AutoCAD 2008 but that would be going to alot of trouble.

Cheers thanks for that i got 2010 and used the classic view.

One more question, will autocad 2008 be able to read autocad 2010 files that i save?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Im not to sure of the answer to that mate, i know that trying to open a 2010 file in 2004/2005 AutoCAD doesnt work.

When your saving your file press the drop down menu and save it as a older version. Or might be handier to go into the AutoCAD 2010 settings where you can sett it to always save your file as a 2004 version or 2008 etc. Im not to sure where abouts the option is in the settings but i do know its there somewhere as ive come across it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

You could install AutoCAD 2008 in "compatability mode". Then XP programs can be run on Windows 7.

• Advertisement

si_guru wrote: »
    You could install AutoCAD 2008 in "compatability mode". Then XP programs can be run on Windows 7.

Cheers but I tried that and it wouldnt work?

Sitec wrote: »
    Cheers but I tried that and it wouldnt work?

What happened?

si_guru wrote: »
    What happened?

I downloaded autocad 2008, tried to install it, then a window came up something along the lines of "windows will try and open this application in some sort of a mode.....something something."

Then it said it wasnt able to open the program.:confused:

Did you put the setup.exe on your desktop and then hit RMB... check the box for "run in compatability mode"?

Advertisement