Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Welfare Feedback

Options
  • 09-12-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've had a number of issues raised with me as to where I can improve. Some I have taken on board, others just aren't feasible to add to the workload.

Is there anything you would like to see me improve on?
    Is there anything that I don't do that you would like to see added?

I will have someone working with me all of next semester so there's an opportunity for more to be done.

From a personal point of view, I don't feel I have enough time to spend researching for meetings in the University and looking at things the University can do to improve as there is a high administrative and face-to-face element involved as well as email query response.

Which would you prefer the focus to be on?

I'm not easily offended, but if anyone wants to remain anonymous you can use this link
    http://www.ulsu.ie/feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya give us the option to stop getting emails from you....i dont want any...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think that in comparison to last year you're a billion times more organised. With drop in hours on your door its so much easier to find you/get hold of you if needs be.

And the fishtank is sparkling :D

And You're always running around trying to do something or meet with someone...I never see you now working!

You've definately learned a lot from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

iPwnage wrote: »
    ya give us the option to stop getting emails from you....i dont want any...
    I don't have "all students" email privileges. People only get emails from me if:

a) They have contactd me or left their details at Reception for me to contact them
    b) They have submitted a form of some sort that I'm administering
    c) I send something to events or news and you're a research postgraduate.

Out of interest. Do you care that you're paying us and don't know what we're doing, or do you make a concerted effort to find out some other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

SU is like insurance, Happy to pay in the knowledge that if I need you you'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ninty9er wrote: »
    I don't have "all students" email privileges. People only get emails from me if:

a) They have contactd me or left their details at Reception for me to contact them
    b) They have submitted a form of some sort that I'm administering
    c) I send something to events or news and you're a research postgraduate.

Out of interest. Do you care that you're paying us and don't know what we're doing, or do you make a concerted effort to find out some other way?
    when i said you, I meant the SU in general, not you personally, sorry for the confusion. Im after getting 3 emails in a row just now, must be the fifth overall today ! very annoying.
    spam actually. No opt out feature.

I did have one contact with your dept alright, regarding the child bursary, didnt do me much good tho, the funds went on people that said they were "single parents", and the rest I presumes to pay the 1/4 million plus wages of our president ! but ill manage on my 30 a week ! the board reckons I have enough on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

iPwnage wrote: »
    when i said you, I meant the SU in general, not you personally, sorry for the confusion. Im after getting 3 emails in a row just now, must be the fifth overall today ! very annoying.
    spam actually. No opt out feature.

I did have one contact with your dept alright, regarding the child bursary, didnt do me much good tho, the funds went on people that said they were "single parents", and the rest I presumes to pay the 1/4 million plus wages of our president ! but ill manage on my 30 a week ! the board reckons I have enough on that

The continued sending of emails is as a result of feedback from last year's student survey. If you have issues with that there is a full survey of the Union that is going on.

I have asked finance to review the amounts provided for Financial Aid, but they don't have any money, and if they do it'll remain unspent in order to write down the University's deficit.

I'm more concerned here with what I can do to improve my service levels.

On a side note, there is nobody at the university earning that much money.

Advertisement