Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Canon IOP Training Course Advice

• 09-12-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering which course to pick as I have a voucher for a training course after buying a new Canon 550 SLR. The options are a.) First SLR or b.) Had SLR before.

It IS my first SLR but I dont want to waste the voucher on a very beginners orientated course as I can use the camera fairly well and understand the theory, however I dont want to miss out on any of the basics either..... just wondering does anyone know the difference between the two courses, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Give Dave in IOP a call. He's very easy to talk to and will explain everything to you and help you make your mind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

Yeah thats prob best, wasnt really thinking, i was just registering online and the option of which course popped up, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Its a useful afternoon's course, by the way. Was on it and liked his style and presentation.
    I'd love to go on 1 or 2 of the others they run but they're not cheap. I'm sure they would be worth it, maybe in the future some time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

Expensive enough alright! Thats why wouldnt want to be stuck doing the easy course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got mine and it seemed to only have UK venues so I never did mine. I must dig mine our and ring this dave guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I got mine and it seemed to only have UK venues so I never did mine. I must dig mine our and ring this dave guy.

Did you buy the camera in the UK or in Ireland?

If you bought it in the UK, try contacting Canon Ireland, and see if they will exchange the voucher for an Irish one.

Advertisement