Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would Harry manage England?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not a fan of Keegan either, I tell ya who I wouldn't mind would be Hughton if he was free but I don't know would he have the stones to give someone a rollicking ya know?

Could always ask Jol back :) I loved him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Harry will leave if offered the England job, and while i'll be sorry to see him go, no one can criticise him for taking the big job in England. He's done an amazing job for us, and anyone who disagree's with that is just plain crazy. You might not like him, but there's no way you can argue with how we've improved because of him.

I'd be happy enough with O'Neill as a replacement, as i quite like him as a manager. Benitez can **** right off though. Bring back Jol i say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs will be a victim of their own success and Harry is nailed on as the next England manger IMO.

Lets hope Capello stays put for as long as possible.

As for replacements .. I love jol, he did a great job and he was treated disgracefully but I still think it would be a step backwards .. same goes for Hughton.

I certainly don't want another Ramos or Santini.. for me its got to be Moyes or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hadn't actually thought of Hughton. Would definitely go for him, or even Moyes if possible, over Keegan. Keegan would be suited to the club though. With all the disaster managers we've had over the years I'd rather we got some one British (or Irish). An Italian manger would destroy us.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

THFC wrote: »
    Hadn't actually thought of Hughton. Would definitely go for him, or even Moyes if possible, over Keegan. Keegan would be suited to the club though. With all the disaster managers we've had over the years I'd rather we got some one British (or Irish). An Italian manger would destroy us.

I think a manger would have to be English or Spanish. Supposedly Moyes, Hodgson and Ancelotti are the men Levy is lookin at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

What about David O Leary? He did well with Leeds from a footballing point of view. I know the financial side was a bit of a disaster but it was as much the chairman at the time then O Leary.

His teams always played nice attacking football, plus ex-arsenal players joining Spurs is all the rage at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kakee wrote: »
    What about David O Leary?

Lord no, not for me.

I am a Moyes fan though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

O'Neill jumping around like a demented halfwit on the touchline at WHL? No thanks. :D

Of those mentioned Moyes for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Do ye reckon Moyes would leave Everton for us though? Not so long ago he was being touted as a replacement for Fergie, but then again so have O' Neil, Mourinho and Guardiola.
    Moyes seems far too loyal tho to leave Everton. Dont get me wrong, of the realistic candidates IMO he would be, by and far, the best replacement for Harry, but I cant see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

THFC wrote: »
    Do ye reckon Moyes would leave Everton for us though? .

In a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement