Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere Pro Audio wave question

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

HI, im currently making my first short film, I have just captured some of the shots so far, but now that i have them in PP i have a problem.

The audio is there alright, i can hear it when played, but no soundwaves are showing up on the audio timeline? This is my first time using an external mic, its a Rode Videomic, and I know that this isn't stereo, could that be the problem? Its more than likely something really simple that I have missed, but I cant figure it out! When using the on-board mic before, the soundwaves show up just fine?

Anybody know what im doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Hi, er I'd check to see if you have a 'conforming audio' message in the lower right hand corner of the screen- it sometimes takes a while for premiere to work through the clips that you have in the timeline to work through and generate wave patterns...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

roguey wrote: »
    HI, im currently making my first short film, I have just captured some of the shots so far, but now that i have them in PP i have a problem.

The audio is there alright, i can hear it when played, but no soundwaves are showing up on the audio timeline? This is my first time using an external mic, its a Rode Videomic, and I know that this isn't stereo, could that be the problem? Its more than likely something really simple that I have missed, but I cant figure it out! When using the on-board mic before, the soundwaves show up just fine?

Anybody know what im doing wrong?

Thanks
    It's likely that the input level may not have been high enough when recording. Right-click on the audio track, go to "Audio Gain" and tick "Normalize". This will bring it up to 0db and the waveform will appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I haven't used Premiere Pro for years but a lot of editing programs enable you to toggle the waveforms off and on. If you're hearing the audio fine and it's not too low then it could easily just be a setting that needs to be ticked.

Advertisement