Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Returns Advice

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a faulty De Longhi Dragon 3 Radiator that has a 10 year warranty.

I rang De Longhi about getting it repaired and they gave me a number for 2 repair centers, one in Cork and one in Dublin.

I rang the Dublin repair center as it is closer and was told to return the product to store which I did today.

The Customer Care clerk in Argos said they will return the item from repair but I would be liable for Postage and Packaging costs as it was 2 years old.

Would this be the norm?

Thanks for reading,

W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the fault was due to some negligence on your part, then I'd expect you to pay for the return to repair.

If the fault is a manufacturing fault or some defect in the device, then I'd expect them to cover the cost of return to repai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Regardless of the manufacturers 10 year warranty you have statutory rights which are with Argos. drop the heater back to them and let them have it repaired and if the fault was your own they should contact you with a quote for the repair including any post & packing charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

dudara wrote: »
    If the fault was due to some negligence on your part, then I'd expect you to pay for the return to repair.

If the fault is a manufacturing fault or some defect in the device, then I'd expect them to cover the cost of return to repai.

Thanks for your reply, the heater was unboxed and left in the same place since day one. Suffered no abuse, just plugged it and and set it up.

Just watch this space I guess. Bit of a pain having a 10 year product warranty when you meet this hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Regardless of the manufacturers 10 year warranty you have statutory rights which are with Argos. drop the heater back to them and let them have it repaired and if the fault was your own they should contact you with a quote for the repair including any post & packing charges.

Hi, its with Argos now, this is when I was asked to cover the cost of the courier, wasnt quiet sure what to say to the girl when she said this. Good job its being sent to dublin eh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

De Longhi should probably be arranging the pick up themselves. Ring them back, tell them it's in Argos, and ask them to take it from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement