Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of roads around Athlone/westmeath in general

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Have to make a trip up to longford tomorrow from borrisokane side, can anyone tell me what the condition of roads around athlone, ballymahon etc is like today?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

They're grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 howan

a little wet
    no problem for driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Hit the ton today no bothers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone around Moate/Athlone?

Is the M6 between Galway and Dublin passable near ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Both lanes of the bypass are fine today, unlike the last snow, when it was down to one lane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It's grand around town (Athlone) and on the bypass. Very wet and slushy unlike the last round that was drier and froze solid really quickly. Hopefully this just stays slushy until we get a bit of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Just for anyone who needs the info was due to make the trip up again today, rang a few garda stations to check. Ballykeeran Hill is supposed to be very bad a few cars abandoned there.

Mullingar guards advised that n4 from mullingar to edgeworthstown is very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 valz08

I am supposed to be bringing my daughter to Belvedere house in Mullingar tomorrow to see santa. she is so excited as she is telling everyone that she is gonna see Santa in Narnia. The only problem is i live in Athlone/Roscommon and not to sure of the condition of the road.

I was planning on going on the motorway from athlone to Kilbeggan and then taking the N52 heading for Mullingar, I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what this stretch of road is like. really appreciate any info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Take the motorway to Tyrellspass, then the N52

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

valz08 wrote: »
    I was planning on going on the motorway from athlone to Kilbeggan and then taking the N52 heading for Mullingar, I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what this stretch of road is like. really appreciate any info on this.

I dont know myself how that road is now, but i always go that way to mullingar from here except as the prevvious poster said get off at tyrrellspass.

The motorway will be fine, just stay off the fast lane as there is more ice on it - From the exit you will go straight to belvedere - you wont need to go into the town at all. This is a national route so it should be fine as it is gritted

• Advertisement
Advertisement