Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home beer dispenser?

• 09-12-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

last week my Dad saw an ad in the paper for a Home Beer Dispenser with a tao for €49.99...only prob is he can't remember where he saw it, anyone have any ideas? I want to get it for my bro for Xmas...or if you have any idea where I could look for it please let me know, tried Argos and the lot but no joy :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

pretty sure that was advertised in lidl this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

pelliven wrote: »
    pretty sure that was advertised in lidl this week

Thanks a million, that's probably the one he saw

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

you`re welcome.Hope he enjoys it. Dont forget the beer, that would be as bad as forgetting the batteries for the kids toys.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Did not even contemplate buying one as I saw these before and knew they were around €100 but with this deal they are only €50 so possibly worth getting for fun. However only if there is a choice of beers.

Is there any other mini kegs that you can get for these beside what's in Lidl. Would be interesting to see what sort of selection that can be bought and whether these are worth the investment?

Anybody have one and if so do they work ok?

Found this thread which covers the 5l mini kegs but still don't seem to be a lot of options from Ireland.

This site looks interesting though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

still don't seem to be a lot of options from Ireland.
    It gets a lot better if you fill your own :D

BeerNut wrote: »
    It gets a lot better if you fill your own :D

Yea I was very tempted to go for it this year but the new addition to the family put paid to that. Think I should make it my goal for next year though. So in preperation I would need to gather up a few 5L kegs so ... and obviously I would need to empty those myself ;)

So the question is ... is it worth while getting one of these taps, as my local Lidl still has them for 49.99. I was thinking it would be a bit of fun for Christmas as we'll have a few of the Family around. But if I get one I would like to get a bit of milage out of it so hoping it would last more than 3 kegs and then die a death .... ?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd have thought you'd need to be a regular user of the minikegs before you considered it. It's a bit like owning a spoiler and body kit before you have a car.

Advertisement