Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you sit on the bus?

• 09-12-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've notice that more often than not i sit on the same seat on the bus, it's upstairs right behind the stairs, I sit there because i find it has more foot room.

So where do you sit on the bus and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

On the roof. I like the fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

As far away from the junkie as possible..there's always one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

On Dublin Bus downstairs and try to get the seat just where you step up. Makes me feel a bit bigger:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Near the front, away from the teenagers and their pretty clothes and MP3 ringtones. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

when i used get a bus down the back....

yes i was a cool kid!:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Down the back, that's where all the cool kids sit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I have a Bus sitting pattern as well. Always upstairs on the opposite side of the stairs and about the 5th row of seats :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've notice that more often than not i sit on the same seat on the bus, it's upstairs right behind the stairs, I sit there because i find it has more foot room.

Ah, someone else who uses my method of selection. Nice choice.

The one right at the front usually has a decent amount of legroom too, whilst right at the back on newer buses tends to be quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Back seat on the bottom deck.

on the drivers knee saves payin the fare brrrm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

3rd or 4th seat on the left from the front upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Near the front, away from the teenagers and their pretty clothes and MP3 ringtones. :mad:

Near the back, away from all the smelly, grumpy old people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Top deck (if there is one...obviously <_<) at the front. There's no legroom but the I like looking out the window, and people don't sit next to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

I'm now a Luas commuter, but, when i rode the bus, it was always top deck, first row behind stairs.

Reasons: More legroom, right hand side is not in the gutter so has fewer potholes so smoother ride and between the axles, so smoother again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ah, someone else who uses my method of selection. Nice choice.

The one right at the front usually has a decent amount of legroom too, whilst right at the back on newer buses tends to be quite good.

Also if your nosey like me, you get to see who's coming up and down the stairs and more importantly we get to see if they're wearing a low cut top.

Namlub wrote: »
    Top deck (if there is one...obviously <_<) at the front. There's no legroom but the I like looking out the window, and people don't sit next to you

I love this seat too and is my next choice of seating when my first preference is taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

I try to sit downstairs, on the chair right behind the stairs. You know the little single chair by itself. I like sitting there because I can read or listen to my mp3 player in peace and no one can sit next to me and bother me. I've had a few incidents with weirdos on the bus... the worst one was when some old dirty bastard sat next to me and started masturbating himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

alwaysadub wrote: »
    On Dublin Bus downstairs and try to get the seat just where you step up. Makes me feel a bit bigger:D
    And i find the engine vibrates through the seat....hmmm nice

Edit: i just realised i posted that after the guy who had someone masterbate beside him on the bus!i swear it wasn't me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I usually would sit on the aisle behind the driver, usually in the first, second or third row. That's until recently where a van crashed into our bus and the glass came in on us and the impact from the van killed our bus driver. I've decided that side isn't as safe as the left hand side so I sit over on the left hand side now if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

On the nice bus(no drug addicts)top deck down the back,right in the middle so I have lots of leg room

On the not so nice bus,top deck,behind the stairs because of the slightly more leg room.

I'm farly tall and barely fit into the normal seats,and when I do my knees are squashed against the back of the seat in front me and they take a fair auld battering,especially going through estates with ramps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I usually get the 145, so on the windscreen ledge beside the driver. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

About 3-4 rows down, usually on the left. I don't know why.. I'm sure there's some psychological mumbo jumbo that would suggest it's because I want to sleep with my mother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

instinctively up the stairs n straight to the back. i know nothing else, best seat in the bus. not having some skanger gombeen fidgeting behind me if occupied i'll shift em to where i can see em. alternatively i am not risking sittin near some plank that sits completely elsewhere just cos of that element - you make that throne your own they are just paupers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont ride the bus as I'm not a peasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Where do I sit? In the car, passing you out, listening to my own music, in comfort.

If I have to get a bus, if its a coach type bus, 3/4 way down, just in front of the back wheel, left hand side. Don't know why, just like staring out the window.
    If its Dublin Bus type buses, then I try for the same place, but if not then wherever there are no/less people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ain't no buses round these parts, y'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I prefer the older buses like the number 17. I usually sit on the top left with my back to the glass. Either that or at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Always downstairs - i wouldnt go up stairs on a bus if you paid me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

krudler wrote: »
    I dont ride the bus as I'm not a peasant.

if i took up that attitude i wouldn't even leave the house, wealth is a state of mind n i know skanks tend to be limited, to say the least -
    fcukn cabbies don't fare much better so its always straight to the back of the bus n have a little smoke. just to pass the time of day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

On Dublin Bus I usually aim for the solo seat beside the stairs, I'm a bit of a wide load so it saves the awkwardness of another fatty planking down beside me and the two of us wishing we'd started on the slimfast several months earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The only time I usally get a bus is the airport service to/from bus araus. Why the hell it doesn't got to connolly as well I dont know, and yes I know its only about a minute or two walk but people might have cases considering it's an airport service.

Any how, in answer to your question, the rear facing seats at the back, quietly thinking to my self, 'damn I wish that stopid fecker would get a set of ear plugs', as I look over my shoulder every so often to see if my case is still there.

In my car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Same place as I sit everywhere else - on me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 shane1992

I find the luggage compartment on bus eireann really comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Downstairs in the single seat if I can get it. If not, anywhere downstairs is grand. I don't sit next to people though, if there's no empty 2 seaters I stand. I have personal space issues.

Thankfully I drive so only have to get the bus when the roads are really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 plon

I sit in my wheelchair and hold on for dear life :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

downstairs at the back if i can. i rarely go upstairs because i dont want to start smashing mobile phones that churn out that chipmunk music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

downstairs at the back if i can. i rarely go upstairs because i dont want to start smashing mobile phones that churn out that chipmunk music

Lol I know the feeling, there's been several mornings when on the bus the phone or MP3 player would die, it took all my effort not to go and smash those poxy chipmunk phones, I know the kids think it's cool but they came fierce close to doom, especially if I'd been on the snakebite the night before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

If all seats are taken on the person in the wheelchairs lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'm not allowed sit down on the bus! :-p

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed sit down on the bus! :-p

Is that you Prendeville?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Usually six seats down but I try to hide away from people especially on long journeys because I'm paranoid I'll look like a tit sleeping so i try to have no one opposite me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

No I was trying to be sly and not be racist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

In a seat, if not I stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

yeahimhere wrote: »
    And i find the engine vibrates through the seat....hmmm nice

Edit: i just realised i posted that after the guy who had someone masterbate beside him on the bus!i swear it wasn't me!!!

Actually I'm a girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 V3nd3tta

Well when I was a college student all the way at the back on the top floor, now I just drive :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

On the lower floor, on the opposite side to the driver, on the higher seat with the step up to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Away from the girls who insists on shouting into their phone, being overly dramatic, to let the bus know how many friends they have.

Copper23 wrote: »
    Away from the girls who insists on shouting into their phone, being overly dramatic, to let the bus know how many friends they have.

and the mandatory "2pac feat AyiaNapaDancer (Remixxxx2010)" tune blaring out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Same spot as the OP. Only seat that lets my balls breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

If I'm on my own, downstairs, left side, one or two rows behind the seats reserved for elderly people. I hate going upstairs because it's never a smooth ride and later on in the day it can be downright scary with all the scum, but if downstairs is very full, then upstairs, left side, somewhere near the middle of the bus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement