Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any local news RSS feeds?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if theres any local (Galway) news RSS feeds? Just playing around with the phone think it'd be a handy thing to have instead of the likes of the Irish Times etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

feed://news.google.com/news?pz=1&cf=all&ned=en_ie&hl=en&as_scoring=r&as_maxm=12&q=location:Galway&as_qdr=a&as_drrb=q&as_mind=9&as_minm=11&cf=all&as_maxd=9&output=rss

Google news feed with location set to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Funny you should ask:

I've been working on a site restructure, including a Galway public-transport news blog with a feed that auto-updates Twitter, Facebook etc, and can be subscribed to. It's not getting any new content quite yet (maybe not 'til January) and I wasn't going to publicize it 'til I'd done a bit more setup (eg content overlap with the existing news-archive page) ... but this post-opportunity is too good to pass up!

http://feeds.feedburner.com/GalwayPublicTransportNews

And I'd give a +1 to the Galway City one that Biko mentioned, too.

Personally I monitor a Google Alert that looks for Galway + bus, but mostly it's full of blog-posts from teenage Americans having a big adventure in Ireland and catching the bus to get here. Yawn. Not recommended ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one JustMary

Advertisement