Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a hotel in kk city

Options
  • 09-12-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Me and the bro want to send the ol man and his missus away for 2 nights around the 29th/30th in KK city. Just wondering on where would be good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Warper wrote: »
    Howdy

Me and the bro want to send the ol man and his missus away for 2 nights around the 29th/30th in KK city. Just wondering on where would be good?

there's only 1 imo,The Hibernian,it's central,best bar pub in the city,great food ,great staff.etc.
    Have stayed there a load of times,will not be dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Woodcraft

I would have to recommend the Ormonde Hotel,
    Great location, Leisure centre and Spa are fantastic and the staff are super friendly.
    Stayed there 3 or 4 times now and it's always Great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The Hibernian is a nice spot alright but it doesn't have a leisure centre; The River Court or The Ormonde is the place to go if you want a central location AND leisure facilities.

In the unfortunate event that I ever have a son/ daughter, and they send me off for a weekend to a hotel without leisure facilities, i will be severely displeased and will berate them extensively for being so cheap and thoughtless.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    The Hibernian is a nice spot alright but it doesn't have a leisure centre; The River Court or The Ormonde is the place to go if you want a central location AND leisure facilities.

In the unfortunate event that I ever have a son/ daughter, and they send me off for a weekend to a hotel without leisure facilities, i will be severely displeased and will berate them extensively for being so cheap and thoughtless.
    ???????????????yes the Hibo doesn't have leisure club but it's classier and the food is top class
    oh and by the way it's the more expensive so do your research first in future

I never said it was cheaper if you read my post.

Do your post reading first in future.

• Advertisement

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I never said it was cheaper if you read my post.

Do your post reading first in future.

but you did say this....

'In the unfortunate event that I ever have a son/ daughter, and they send me off for a weekend to a hotel without leisure facilities, i will be severely displeased and will berate them extensively for being so cheap and thoughtless'

you're assuming that a hotel that doesn't have leisure facilities is cheap,
    i was merely pointing out that it's the more expensive of the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Dont fcuk with the Fabby!

I do agree though, if your sent on a hotel break, god damn it better be a hotel with a leisure centre. (or at least a multi story car park)...

it annoys me when a poster starts a thread and then just does a legger,not even 1 thank you or any more input on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

The Lyrath is a fantastic hotel .... but expensive ..... but the missus would love it!

bit outside the centre of the town though if heading out on the lash.

heavyballs wrote: »
    it annoys me when a poster starts a thread and then just does a legger,not even 1 thank you or any more input on the subject
    He probably got in trouble with the ould pair for sending them to an overpriced hotel with no leisure facilities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement