Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

techno drums

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

You hear on a lot of techno tracks that the perc will be modified throughout the song. The pitch is normally played with, up and down. So as the song progresses towards a breakdown the pitch of the perc may go up.

Im just wondering is there a plug-in that is the best for this effect?? Something that can modulate the pitch by a used defined lenght .. Over a bar or so.

Anyone got any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Surely you could just draw a straight line pitch automation on what ever perc you want to?

Or failing that stick an LFO on the pitch and chose the time signature and amount you want it to do.

Can you post an example of what your talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Theprodigy11

yeah i was thinking that.. i use battery so i could easily modulate the pitch throughout.. im just thinking is there any effect plugins that can be applied to the channel

ill try to find an example.. thanks for the reply though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

You hear on a lot of techno tracks that the perc will be modified throughout the song. The pitch is normally played with, up and down.

examples please because I can't think of one techno track where I've heard that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

jtsuited wrote: »
    examples please because I can't think of one techno track where I've heard that.

i think he could be on about the dreaded woodblock from mnml :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Yeah.. Thats what I thought too, Tom type things or wdblk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i think he could be on about the dreaded woodblock from mnml :eek:
    I honestly have to stop myself putting a woodblock in every track,its too easy to do:D

seannash wrote: »
    I honestly have to stop myself putting a woodblock in every track,its too easy to do:D

go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200!

go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200!
    :D:D
    Ive managed to not add it for the past while but its so easy to slot into my drums

seannash wrote: »
    :D:D
    its so easy to slot into my drums

with groove quantize set to 35% and a delay with the time modulating between really short and stupidly long?

:P

with groove quantize set to 35% and a delay with the time modulating between really short and stupidly long?

:P
    ssshhhhh your giving away all my trade secrets :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement