Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos again!

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick query for you guys, I sent the husband into argos today to buy me a camera for christmas. On argos.ie its says that it costs €185.99, when he paid they charged him €191.99. Wasnt to bothered as its only 6euros. But just checked onlline and its now €168.99. Thats 23euros cheaper than what he paid, which is a bit much. I hadnt checked the website in a few days so dont know when it dropped to €168.

Its excluded from the 30 money back guarantee, so I cant return it and get money back and buy it again, but can I claim the difference back? As in this drop is advertised on the website today and we purchased today so surely we were entitled to the cheaper price?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Check your receipt, maybe your husband was tempted with the costly insurance that argos sell with electrical items?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Thanks for reply Foggy_lad, no theres no insurance, from the website the previous selling price was 191.99 and this is what he paid. Think Ill just go back with it tomorrow and see what they can do, Worth a try, I know its only 23euros but its expensive enough without paying over the odds for it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5594793/Trail/searchtext%3EFUJIFILM.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

In fairness, your husband should have questioned the smaller price difference at the time time even if it was 6 euro.

Now that they have dropped the price on their website doesn't mean you are entitled to a refund of the difference as your husband agreed to pay the price for the camera in store and was happy with that.

It could have dropped to 10euro online and it wouldn't make a difference unless there is a genuine fault with the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Fair enough, Will call in any way, if they say feck off, so be it. Worth a try. Just a bit of a sickener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

just got off argos's website,i'm overseas & trying to buy something online & have it delivered,which is turning out to be a mission.I was reading on thier website about reserving stuff & it say's that the price can go up or down in a matter of hours or day's.So when you reserve something & go & pick it up it could be a totally different price.So they just dropped then price after you bought it,not much you can do about it,sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Couldnt you just return it and get a credit note, buy it again and use the remainder for something else ?

If its still unopened it shouldnt be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Couldnt you just return it and get a credit note, buy it again and use the remainder for something else ?

Argos specifically exclude memory-based devices from their Return Policy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Cameras fall outside of that 30day money back thing argos offer.

EDIT: Too slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Return to the store, and explain the situation. It can happen that Argos will have a different price on the system versus catalogue/online, however once given proof they will honour the catalogue/online price. Generally this would just be the page out of the catalogue.

They will also be able to check when the price of €168 went live on the website, and provided that it is before/on the day you bought it, you will get refunded the difference.

I don't work for argos, but someone I know does.

Advertisement