Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest Against the Budget and the Bailout. Sat. 8th Dec Sligo

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

There will be a Protest against the Budget and the Bailout outside the offices of jimmy devins td in Sligo this coming Saturday the 8th of December, from 12 noon.

If you think what's going on in this Country is wrong, please try to come along.

It's in the National interest that you do......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Pete M. wrote: »
    There will be a Protest against the Budget and the Bailout outside the offices of jimmy devins td in Sligo this coming Saturday the 8th of December, from 12 noon.

If you think what's going on in this Country is wrong, please try to come along.

It's in the National interest that you do......

I think its more in the national interest not to vote FF in the next GE.

If you want Jimmy Devins to take heed of anyone other than the FF spin doctors, then just don' vote for him.

FFS, he 'resigned' from the house after the whole cancer scandal, but guess what, he wants back in now.!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

How did the demo go?
    Its important to expose people like Devins and scanlon for talking out of two sides of their mouths, trying to present a facade of been rebellious within FF on one hand but yet not voting against any major government policies (whether in the Parliamentary party or not). Like Fingers says hit them at the ballot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

To be honest it wasn't exactly massive.

40 people, bit of noise and then away.

Don't know if there were any other Boardsies there, if you were, let me know.

A few people couldn't make it and it was a short lead in, but there is another protest on the 8th of January and I'd ask anyone who reads this, and is so inclined, to put it in their calendar and make a concerted effort to turn up.

Don't leave it to others to protest about what you're pissed off about.

Then there is another on the 15th in Ballymote, so if you're out round there, come along.

Link to words at end of it below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9cEUHS1elM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Seeing as Saturday (yesterday) was in fact the 11th you might wonder why you had less interest that anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Looks to be only 20 people there including children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yeah fcuked up the dates alright :o

But I got the ones for January right.

And there were about 40 there including children.

I mean come on, you can give us 40 anyway. I could name most of them.

But we shall keep it lit and I expect the numbers to be greater next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Stevedore

Bit pathetic to be protesting outside a locked empty office, and that muppet with the chants made me cringe, the fianna failures are having a meeting tonight, surely it would be more effective to protest at that, Saturday was a typical drippy middle class token protest, let's do it right next time

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Stevedore wrote: »
    Bit pathetic to be protesting outside a locked empty office, and that muppet with the chants made me cringe, the fianna failures are having a meeting tonight, surely it would be more effective to protest at that, Saturday was a typical drippy middle class token protest, let's do it right next time

Good positive post there. Hardly fair to refer to someone as a muppet. Did you organise something better for the Fianna Fail meeting then?

Advertisement