Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay €10 free credit when top up by €20 is a load of bull

Options
  • 10-12-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

i dont know if this is posted in the right section so please forgive me
    as most people know by now 3 are offering 3pay customers €10 free credit for life if they top up by €20 in one go if they sign up to the offer i signed up last week and got a reply text saying i was signed up to the offer and i said great stuff

but tonight i topped up by €20 and low and behold i got no €10 free credit so i rang them up and asked about the free credit and they said i would not get it until the 11th of jan 2011 and man am i pissed off about it :mad::mad::mad:

is anyone else with 3 that has signed up to the offer and topped up by the €20 and did they get the free €10 credit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

You're a silly billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

jenno86 wrote: »
    You're a silly billy.

why

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I got the same package, but they did explain in the shop that I would get the €10 next month, so its fair enough

mayotom wrote: »
    I got the same package, but they did explain in the shop that I would get the €10 next month, so its fair enough

but looking through the terms and conditions of the offer it do not say anything about getting the free credit the next month it gives the impression that the free credit would be added straight away when you top up by €20

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

smokin ace wrote: »
    but looking through the terms and conditions of the offer it do not say anything about getting the free credit the next month it gives the impression that the free credit would be added straight away when you top up by €20

Probably explains why they made a fuss about explaining it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

all free credits work like that. on all networks. at least you get the money in the end. I see nothing wrong in the advertising of this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It says nothing about the €10 being applied straight away, you read into it wrong.

It is ambiguous however, it doesn't state at all when the credit is applied. So it gives no "impression" when the credit will be applied, it only states that the credit will be applied.

Also, it's not bull- you topped up by €20, and you are getting the €10 free credit as the offer states. You're unhappy with when the credit will be applied because you made an incorrect assumption, but you're still getting the free €10 credit.

From my experience of using 3, the "impression" I got was that the free €10 would be applied 30 days after topping up by the €20, because based on my experience with 3, this is how they have operated their free credit system for years now.

There is one other problem with the ambiguity; it's not stated whether or not €10 free credit is applied every time you top up, or if its limited to once every 30 days- I'd imagine it's the latter, which is still a very good offer all the same- €10 free a month for life is still very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HIBS

:rolleyes::mad::confused:
    Do you also know that you also have to use up any 'Cash Credit or Free Credit' on your account before you can access this FREE 10EURO deal! Therefore you will not benefit from this unless u have a zero balance on your account in all sections! Doesn't seem Fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

flodis79 wrote: »
    all free credits work like that. on all networks. at least you get the money in the end. I see nothing wrong in the advertising of this offer.

Not true.
    Tescomobile give you the free credit just after you top-up.

jordainius wrote: »
    It says nothing about the €10 being applied straight away, you read into it wrong.

It is ambiguous however, it doesn't state at all when the credit is applied. So it gives no "impression" when the credit will be applied, it only states that the credit will be applied.

Also, it's not bull- you topped up by €20, and you are getting the €10 free credit as the offer states. You're unhappy with when the credit will be applied because you made an incorrect assumption, but you're still getting the free €10 credit.

From my experience of using 3, the "impression" I got was that the free €10 would be applied 30 days after topping up by the €20, because based on my experience with 3, this is how they have operated their free credit system for years now.

There is one other problem with the ambiguity; it's not stated whether or not €10 free credit is applied every time you top up, or if its limited to once every 30 days- I'd imagine it's the latter, which is still a very good offer all the same- €10 free a month for life is still very good.

this is off the 3 website about the free credit

Existing Customers. This offer is open to all our existing customers. To opt in just freetext LIFE10 to 50333. Then simply top up by €20(in one go) before December 31st to get the Free credit
    here is the link http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.htm

so where in that do it say i have to wait 30 days to get the free €10 credit thats way i assumed i will get it straight away
    this is what it says --simply top up by €20 in one go before the 31st of dec to get the free credit --it dont say anything about having to wait 30 days for it so thats why i assume i will get the free credit straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Existing Customers. This offer is open to all our existing customers. To opt in just freetext LIFE10 to 50333. Then simply top up by €20(in one go) before December 31st to get the Free credit
    here is the link http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.htm

so where in that do it say i have to wait 30 days to get the free €10 credit thats way i assumed i will get it straight away
    this is what it says --simply top up by €20 in one go before the 31st of dec to get the free credit --it dont say anything about having to wait 30 days for it so thats why i assume i will get the free credit straight away

It doesn't say anything about getting the free credit straight away, so that's why I assume you don't.

Did you even bother to read my post? The point is, that your assumption was incorrect. Read my post, I never said the 30 days thing was in the terms. Also, go back and read the terms you linked to- while it says nothing about waiting 30 days, it also says nothing about it being applied straight away.

Your assumption was wrong. But when terms are ambiguous as they are on the site then you you should not make assumptions. Either way, whether or not it is in 30 days or straight away, you're still getting €10 free credit.

Did you even bother to read my post? The point is, that your assumption was incorrect. Read my post, I never said the 30 days thing was in the terms. Also, go back and read the terms you linked to- while it says nothing about waiting 30 days, it also says nothing about it being applied straight away.

Your assumption was wrong. But when terms are ambiguous as they are on the site then you you should not make assumptions. Either way, whether or not it is in 30 days or straight away, you're still getting €10 free credit.

Firstly, I never said I was not happy with when the credit was applied, I am with 3, 8 years and always when credit is applied there is no 'Expiry Date on the Credit' so you don't have to use up any 'cash stored on your account first, this 10Euro for Life offer has a 60 day expiration date and they will only use it when all other cash/credit on your account is used up first! Secondaly, U must sign up to the '0ffer' by the 31/12/2010 but they will not apply your first 10Euro Credit until your first Top Up in January, you actually don't get it until u've topped up again within the 30Days. THIS WAS MADE CLEAR TO ME BY 3 MEMBERS OF 3 CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS @ 1913 AND ALSO IN THE STORE, SO IF YOU TOP UP ON JAN 1st you must top up again within 30 days ie. Jan. 31st., and if you have a cash credit of 50Euro's on your account because someone bought you a credit voucher for christmas, this must be spent first, if its not after 60 days you loose the 10 EURO'S FREE CREDIT. Hope this Explains things more clearly.

HIBS wrote: »
    Firstly, I never said I was not happy with when the credit was applied, I am with 3, 8 years and always when credit is applied there is no 'Expiry Date on the Credit' so you don't have to use up any 'cash stored on your account first, this 10Euro for Life offer has a 60 day expiration date and they will only use it when all other cash/credit on your account is used up first! Secondaly, U must sign up to the '0ffer' by the 31/12/2010 but they will not apply your first 10Euro Credit until your first Top Up in January, you actually don't get it until u've topped up again within the 30Days. THIS WAS MADE CLEAR TO ME BY 3 MEMBERS OF 3 CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS @ 1913 AND ALSO IN THE STORE, SO IF YOU TOP UP ON JAN 1st you must top up again within 30 days ie. Jan. 31st., and if you have a cash credit of 50Euro's on your account because someone bought you a credit voucher for christmas, this must be spent first, if its not after 60 days you loose the 10 EURO'S FREE CREDIT. Hope this Explains things more clearly.

Firstly: Why on earth are you quoting me when I have not once addressed you or made any reference to anything you said in this thread? I only responded to the OP. I never once inferred that you were "not happy" with anything so I fail to see why you felt the need to clarify that with me.

Secondly: How are you with 3 for 8 years when they've only been here since 2005? (And they only started operating a prepay service in 2006).

Please do not quote me when what you say has nothing at all to do with my quote!

Firstly: Why on earth are you quoting me when I have not once addressed you or made any reference to anything you said in this thread? I only responded to the OP. I never once inferred that you were "not happy" with anything so I fail to see why you felt the need to clarify that with me.

Secondly: How are you with 3 for 8 years when they've only been here since 2005? (And they only started operating a prepay service in 2006).

Please do not quote me when what you say has nothing at all to do with my quote!

Your 'Quote' came through to my 'in-box, why get so stressed 3 are not worth getting stressed out about. As I have a 4 month old phone which I paid 400Euros for, the chargeing port has come out of it on the 'charger/usb lead' and they are refusing to fix/replace it as they claim it is 'cosmetic' damage! It is now a very expensive paperweight!. Now thats what you call Stress! (I know this dosen't apply to your original quote but we '3' users need to stick together!)

In answer to yor other question, I am with three since 2003, I was a customer in the UK before I returned to Ireland and in late 2005 when 3 Hutchinson launched here with their first phone, I think it was a motorolla V3 'flip phone' with 'their 5cent for life' message offer, I was one of their first customers! I do apologise if you took offence to my 'post' but I thought my input may help and also sometimes '3' launch these 'special promotions' and when you read the small print they are not as good as they sound! again my apologies.

Advertisement