Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A letter to Santa

• 10-12-2010 1:01am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s only just over a couple of weeks to the big day now, and we are giving you the opportunity to tell us what you would really like for Christmas (not necessarily what you think you may be getting).

Of course, this is the cycling forum, and so we would like to keep a bit of cycling relevance in your replies, although we appreciate some of you do have a tendency to wander off-topic. As it’s Friday, an element of this may be tolerated, provided there remains a semblance of a cycling link, and, or course, depending on the extent of intoxication of any mods that may be around ...

Oh, and don’t forget – the last post is at midnight tonight.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dear Santa

I’ve been very good this year. I’ve eaten all my porridge, and I’ve hardly spent any time on the work computer doing personal things.

As you know from previous years, I like my Assos gear, and I was wanting to get something this Christmas to match. So please, please, please, please, could you get me Assos Girl
    main_bg_lady_01.jpg
    (and I’ll be even better behaved next year, honest;))

Thanks so much in anticipation

Beasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Dear Santa,

Can I have ice-free roads, please?

Also, I've missed my Sogreni bell since it broke in that fall back in March. May I have one of each colour, please?

Festively yours,

Dr Bob.

PS I think I know what you should get for tomasrojo:

(The one on the left, that is.)

http://www.velorution.biz/shop/brompton-16-scale-bicycle-model/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Dear Santa,

I've been very good this year. I've not broken many red lights; I've helped out fellow cyclists in need; I've cleaned my bike most weeks; and I've not lost any commuter races. I've also confined my expressions of frustration to taxi drivers only and a few bus drivers.

Please can I have a proper pair of cylcing legs. I know we're in a recession and times are tough, so they don't have to be new legs. Sean Kelly has finished racing so I'd happily take his legs. Hopefully he won't miss them.

138909.bmp

Failing that, I've PM'ed you my email and password for my CRC, Wiggle, AlwaysRiding, Prendas, and PBK accounts. The wishlists at any one of those can be my Santa list.

Finally, I know it's nice to ask for things for other people so for your helpful little elves (Beasty, El Tonto, Captain Havoc, Daymobrew, Gavin and Uberwolf) could I ask for some new bold-face font for them and some new bansticks. They've been very good alright this year.

All the best for the Christmas and New Year

Jawgap

PS - looks like you're piling on the beef a bit big guy, may a few turns on the turbo wouldn't go amiss. J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

bit off topic but if your santa is as flexible as that santa you could get anything you want

http://www.adverts.ie/346412/xbox/xbox-360-bnib-gb/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

omri wrote: »
    bit off topic but if your santa is as flexible as that santa you could get anything you want

http://www.adverts.ie/346412/xbox/xbox-360-bnib-gb/

Kids these days, a macbook? ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dear Santa,
    I want cash. Cold hard cash.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Dear Santa

I'm not looking for new kit. I can always save up/sell a child and/or kidney* for that.

What I need is time.

Ideally an extra day a week. Maybe between Sunday and Monday?

I need it so I can get some more hours on the bike in my quest to be mediocre.

I promise to use it wisely.

Cheers big man.

D

*note to self - weight saving opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

el tonto wrote: »
    Dear Santa,
    Thanks.

I landed on a 5c piece when I came off on the ice this morning. Would that be cold and hard enough for you?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Dear Santa,

This year I would like Podium Barbie:

eb10.jpg]

No need to gift wrap it, I'll probably just tear everything off her and just start playing right away.

Do you have a 10 day returns policy for slightly used goods? Just in case I decide I want to upgrade to the latest model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Dear Santa,

I would like a replacement pair of lungs and less sensitive respiratory tract.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

1) new ankles
    2) the ability to resist temptation
    3) 150 watts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yo Santa,
    Pop some Snow and a Surly Pugsly into my stockin'! Word!

138943.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Santa,
    I would like the body of the podium barbie that Dirk pasted above and the mental strengh of jens voigt.
    or a TT bike ...
    If it's too much, a pair of penneys socks will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

el tonto wrote: »
    Dear Santa,
    Thanks.

I have a Nigerian friend - a Prince, or something - who you might like to talk to. Let me see if I can find his e-mail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Dear Santa,

I'd love a beautiful blonde with an a$$ like a......oh wait I have that.

Can I just have a Mercian King of Mercia touring frame please.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Vélo wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

I'd love a beautiful blonde with an a$$ like a......oh wait I have that.

yeah.......can you remind her to bring a takeaway in this evening when she's coming back home:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

minus 5 kgs please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dear Santa,
    I've been a really good boy this year and I would like the following:
    My own personal bus, like the one sky use with my own personal masseuse, manager and driver. The bus would have places for my Corratec CCT Pro Di2, Giant Bowery 84, Cube AMS HPC Super Race, Giant Trinity and Peugeot concept bike (which you are also providing). I would also like enough cash to ensure I never have to work again, obviously I'll need things to do with all this free time, as it's poor weather at the moment I'd like to able to train somewhere warm, like Tasmania and Gran Canaria. For the summer I'd like my bases to be in Montreux and Monaco. I'm also single, so if you could arrange a nice cailín for me, preferably one of me own kind.
    In return for this small demand, I've left some mince pies for you on the kitchen table along with a shot of brandy (you might want to get into the house before I get back from the pub though). Finally please ensure none of the reindeer make doo doo on the roof.
    TTFN
    Captain Havoc.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Dear Santa,

Could you fix it for me that no cyclist dies on Irish roads next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Santa,
    I would like the body of the podium barbie that Dirk pasted above ..

I'd be more than happy with just the legs, they look a hell of a lot stronger than mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Dear santa,

Can I have right of way for the year please........

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As stated in the OP, the last post was at midnight, so Paul Kiernan and thebouldwhacker will be getting nothing from Santa this year.

The winner (did I say mention there's a prize?) is Biopace. Congratulations - you get what you requested, and as a result now owe Santa 5kgs (it's a pity no-one asked for that spare Powetap I have hanging around the garage - never mind, I'm sure I can make use of it myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a job please so I can buy lots of nice things for cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Beasty wrote: »
    As stated in the OP, the last post was at midnight, so Paul Kiernan and thebouldwhacker will be getting nothing from Santa this year.

Damn, I really wanted those legs (wrapped around me preferably:)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Baa Humbug......................................

Advertisement