Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

look at this Cork rappers video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Do you know what - I opened it up going to mock the bits out of it....its not that bad really. Not my kind of music, but the video is well put together. Good effort I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Ok ok, he puts on his "fresh kicks" takes his "Baby-girl" on a "shopping spree" then they "get it on" she brings her friends along and they all have a bit of a gang bang.

Generic, I wanna be an afro-american gangsta, cringy, plain pants.

BTW, I think he's taking himself seriously, if not then it's kind of ok, in a Glodie Lookin Chain kinda way!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

gleep wrote: »
    Ok ok, he puts on his "fresh kicks" takes his "Baby-girl" on a "shopping spree" then they "get it on" she brings her friends along and they all have a bit of a gang bang.

Generic, I wanna be an afro-american gangsta, cringy, plain pants.

BTW, I think he's taking himself seriously, if not then it's kind of ok, in a Glodie Lookin Chain kinda way!

I think he does too :confused:

that said some people think this fella does also:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Am I the only person who thinks rap is very highly overrated? I like it an all, but calling people geniuses because they can make words rhyme on off beats over sampled loops?

138910.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

You cant beat this guy for rap parody though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I too thought I'll get a laugh out of this - but really enjoyed it. "N-Dubz" had to start somewhere and look at them now. So what if he takes himself seriously - he's doing something he loves and putting his "all" into it - good for him. Remember they are just starting off - who knows where the could end up - how about Cork getting behind them - in this day and age, it's great to see younger people doing something - apart from complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Can't see the video, wish I could though! Blocked at work. Will check it out when I get home though.

I don't think rap is overrated. Some maybe, but others are genius. It's not my kinda music either but you have to admit it takes talent to be able to improv with rhyme? And it's not just about the rhyming anyway, it's the way they do it too. The inflection in certain words, the emotion in the voice! I really don't mean to come across as sarcastic nor am I having a go.

Sorry for the example but Eminem has some amazing lyrics and the way he gets them across is indeed genius! (As I said it's not my kinda music so sorry for the poor example. Fave band is Led Zep so forgive my lack of knowledge about rap! Still think it's not overrated though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I wouldn't call myself a Rap fan either - but I was impressed by what they've done - both the song and film. A few of my colleagues listened to it also and it's kind of catchy (and we're all 40 somethings). J

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

TBH, I know they ARE amatuers, but the video was shoddy at best, it's not that hard to set up a correct lip-sync but he is WAY off. Too much jerk in the camera and there is little continuity in the video.

The song sucks, but TBH, I'm not a fan of this sort of "music", rap yes, I can enjoy, but I would be more into the simple rap, like Nas and such. He's a white boy from Cork, why is he using a vernacular that is not suited to either his area or his audience. It's like saying "look at me, I'm a real deal rapper...from the heart of Cork city, now, where's shortie at?"

Decidedly very meh in my opinion. It may not have been meant as a joke, but I am taking it as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

best of luck to him but this isn't really good imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You look so good there sitting dressed in your Gucci
    Pretty girl come over here and give me some smoochie
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

I think it's absolutely awful.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd doubt he's taking himself seriously, I hope not anyway.

i am actually shamed for him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I like how he rhymed "money" with "money" in the opening line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Wouldnt rate it for many reasons!

Anyway, here is my high-watermark of Irish Hip-Hop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngRJq2lNmk&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Did they pay a location fee to the Vic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

quite ok i thought.. bit of encouragement needed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Did they pay a location fee to the Vic?

Not sure, I only know of the video as I listen to Hip-Hop.

What could happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nah nothing, the owner is a friend of a relation and he would not mind as it doesn't show the place in a bad light, was just wondering if others had copped it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is it the Vic I think it looks like the Crucible off Blarney Street?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think the girl could do a lot better. The rapper guy looks a bit special, in a bad way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG I'm sorry but this is just awful! I laughed so much - is it serious?? What is with the very bad imitation of an American accent? The lyrics don't even flow right - it's just bad! GMC is a genius next to this! At least he raps with a cork accent!

Sorry I just don't like it....makes me cringe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

After viewing this, i am tempted to change my user name so i cannot be linked to the county:p
    Awful, awful, awful. As leahyl pointed out, whats with the accent?
    Love the token black guys, presume its an attempt to make it look more "gangsta". The girl looks like she was trapped into doing it.
    Really, really bad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g33bu5h

2 b honest the song is f'n apawling..... in fairness lyk?? imitating an american accent just isnt enuf lyk just leave it 2 em altogether...... fairplay tho for going thru the whole process lyk theyre was obviously a bit of effort put into it!
    all d new rap is fairly ****e neways bar a few of d old felas dat r still at it.
    these r 4 proper good rap songs in my opinion neway they should aspire 2 oldies like these.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf68J5iqK6g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcXlyAQikQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99iG4HoO1c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MWtbIZrP8k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

The main rapper is cringe worthy. Why even bother rap to to the camera if its not in sync? He's obviously 'special' as someone else pointed out. Well he looks that way anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

371-2.jpg

Here he is with Chamillionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

CorkMan wrote: »
    371-2.jpg

Here he is with Chamillionaire.
    I can't figure out which way he is looking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Used to see him around town quite a bit, seems to take himself seriously but sure what harm, if that's what he's into that's what he's into.

Advertisement