Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Pigeons... Help!!!

• 10-12-2010 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone please give me some advise/tips on Racing Pigeons...

I know most of the basics, feeding, breeding etc...

I have recently joined a racing club as a full flying member and I'm looking for some advise on how I can race competitively (or at least come somewhere)

Any advise would be very much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nicky369 wrote: »
    Can anyone please give me some advise/tips on Racing Pigeons...

I know most of the basics, feeding, breeding etc...

I have recently joined a racing club as a full flying member and I'm looking for some advise on how I can race competitively (or at least come somewhere)

Any advise would be very much appreciated...

Why ask here if you've just joined a Racing Club? Surely there would be better qualified people there to help you out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nicky369

I've only sent off a letter and they called me to confirm my acceptance to the club... Saying the Treasurer will send me another letter re prices I presume... I haven't a clue what happens next... Also, I will be racing against these other club member and I doubt if anyone will give you a stick to beat them with either so to speak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nicky369 wrote: »
    I've only sent off a letter and they called me to confirm my acceptance to the club... Saying the Treasurer will send me another letter re prices I presume... I haven't a clue what happens next... Also, I will be racing against these other club member and I doubt if anyone will give you a stick to beat them with either so to speak...

You may be surprised, it seems a pretty small community and some pigeon 'SHOULD' help a relative noob out., i know i would if i was into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coryg

i know its a bit late to comment on this but im looking for help in what i have to put in my letter to my pigeon club can anyone help !!!!!#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

coryg wrote: »
    i know its a bit late to comment on this but im looking for help in what i have to put in my letter to my pigeon club can anyone help !!!!!#

Just my 2 cents but if your planning on getting them tell your neighbours and offer to have their roof cleaned maybe once a year. Houses on my road are in bits because of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 coryg

i flag my pigeons so they constantly fly for a certain amount of time to keep them fit whenn the flags are taken down they go to the loft no landing on other peoples roofs

Advertisement